Imaginary (Second concept)

For most kids having an imagination is a fun thing, you could imagine anything, like being an astronaut who landed on the moon or a chef who makes excellent dishes. You could also imagine that the floor was lava or you could imagine that there was a friend who would play hide and seek with you.

Then there was me, growing up I didn't have time to use my imagination, all my parents cared about was if I would make a name for myself as a famous programmer or a top designer for clothes. Growing up I was homeschooled and didn't really understand kids my age. When I tried to make friends on my own I didn't know how.. the only friends I really had were my parents' work friend's kids. I remember once when we visited a park, I tried playing with kids other than my supposed "friends". They were running around, playing hide and seek and playing pretend. I asked them what they were doing, they said "using our imagination" I told them that was silly. That playing pretend was a waste of time, that they should enjoy a book or do something else other than playing pretend. They told me I was weird and laughed at me.

But eventually I stopped trying to seek new friends to play with and decided to listen to my parents and study more and keep working to get into a good college. Then finally that day came when I got into college. But...something was off...

I saw things that kids would imagine, like a purple hairy monster with three eyes and four arms or a mushroom that was as tall as a skyscraper. I didn't understand what was happening...had I gone mad? I tried to ponder what was going on.

But then just as I was about to head to the nurses office, I felt something tap me...

It was a monster...no it was not like a monster from a horror film... more like a monster out of a fairy tale.

"Hey, um are you okay? You look a little pale.." the monster said

(As you can see compared to the first concept I really had a good feeling about this one but then I kinda got stumped on what else to do, so yeah.. it got scrapped.)