epilogue

epilogue:
As The Cherry Blossoms Fade

       AS TIME GOES ON, people get to leave and go on the college as they get accepted. Some people leave overseas to pursue their dreams and desires, and some people don't. As time goes on, people graduate with their degrees, and on they go with their careers. For some, they are getting married and starting their own families as time goes on.

Jungkook is in his last year of college, majoring in chemical engineering. He could now afford his own apartment off-campus, so he doesn't have to live with his parents anymore. It was late, almost 1 in the morning, when Jungkook decided to go out down the street. He didn't understand why the cherry blossoms faded when summer ended. He hated it.

While walking down the dark, quiet street, he felt a ringing in his ears. Not realizing it happened as soon as he walked past women. Not knowing what it was, he shook it off and kept on walking. Then that's when it all hit, the memories from high school.

The secret admirer.

The Confessions.

Her.

The sound of a heartbeat, heavily breathing. For once, he wanted to meet that person on how it all began. How could someone admire him so much when he saw nothing good in him? How did anyone find that much time even to slip notes into his locker back then? All these questions erupted in his mind, and now he wanted to find her.

But he doesn't know he has already met her.

Jungkook arrived back at his apartment complex, from being out in the cold, the heater blew in his face. The modify of temperature gave him relief, and it felt warmer than outside. While walking towards the elevator, it was about to close.

"Wait!" He said while running towards it, and a pair of hands hit the button so that the door would divide opened for him. "Thank you," He said, but he stopped as he looked up and saw her in the elevator as well. Jungkook felt a little light-headed like he couldn't get his speech out properly.

The sound of the door in front of them slowly shut as the ding went off slowly, taking them to different floors. 

"Which one?" She asked while pointing towards the numbers but again, Jungkook could not say a word and pressed the button towards 15. The lift was filled with silence once again, ding, ding, ding. A slight hand tapped him on the shoulder, and he realized that he was already on his floor.

He slowly nodded and stepped out but quickly turned around to take one last look at her, and she did the same but gulped. A slight smile crept the corner of her mouth, but no words were said as she slowly avoided his glares.

"Y/N." He said just before she was about to close the door. It surprised her a little that he knew her name, but as soon as she looked up, they were making eye contact with each other. She was nervous, so close that she might have a mental breakdown. She never thought she would recognize him here, even after high school.

Then all the memories hit; it felt like deja vu.

'How did he know?'

'Does he know I'm the secret admirer?'

'What his he going to say?'

She shoots a smile at him before bidding him goodbye as she closes the elevator. Jungkook quickly ran back in as he accidentally bumped her shoulder, "Is there something wrong, Jungkook-"

"Did you write those notes back then?"

Her heart stopped as he looked at her while trying to figure out her words. He didn't seem mad or upset, just curious. Trying to play it off, she lied. "I don't know what you're talking about. Where would I find time to write notes and put them in your locker," She chuckled.

"You just exposed yourself. I've never said if it was in a locker." He replied while leaning back against the wall with his hands in his pockets, relaxing a little. "I'm sorry," She responded while looking away.

"Nothing to be sorry about, it's how you were feeling about me back then, and I acknowledged it. I just didn't know who it was, but now I do."

"Are you mad about it?" she asked.

"Nope, I actually feel a little happy that I know who it is now." Jungkook slowly turned towards her while smiling while you blushed a little.

-

Thank you so much for reading this story until the end! I know you guys have a lot of questions if they will end up together in the future, and I will leave that up to you guys, there is a possible chance that there will be a second book to this but I have not decided that yet. In the mean time I am currently writing Father on my page which features Jimin, Yoongi and Junkook if you guys want to check it out which focus on mental health and parenting! <3