Brianna

Abuse mentioned in this story... Skip sections starting with ** There are also a few anxiety moments, so be warned if you get triggered by either of these. xx

BRIANNA'S POV

'Stop it!' I shriek as Jack throws a water balloon at me and Zach squirts me with a water gun. We're running around having fun when I suddenly bite down on my tooth and am met with unbearable pain.

Jack and Daniel, my older brothers, and Zach, Jonah and Corbyn, our friends, immediately come over to see what happened.

'My tooth!' I scream, in pain. They all look at each other concerned. 'Jonah! Go and get the clinic ready!' Daniel says. He and Jonah are both dentists, while Corbyn and Jack are doctors and Zach is a therapist. I immediately realise what's about to happen, and I get a flashback from 7 years ago.

3 years earlier

** 'COME HERE!' My stepmother yells. I trip over something on the floor, and pass out. I wake up to my stepmother holding open my mouth, drilling holes in my teeth with a rusty drill from the toolbox - forcing me to have cavities - and pass out. I wake up AGAIN to her injecting something into the holes - it tastes sweet. I think she's forcing my teeth to decay.

Present day

'Brianna? Are you ok?' Zach asks, sounding very concerned. 'You had a panic attack and passed out.' I look around me, realising I'm in a dental office, and start hyperventilating again.

'Copy my breathing.' He replies, exaggerating his breaths. I copy, and immediately calm down. 'Don't worry, Daniel and Jonah haven't done anything yet.' I sigh, relieved. But then I realise that I'll be awake when they do anything.

'Hi Brianna.' Jonah says. 'I'll be looking at your tooth while Daniel comforts you, is that ok?' He asks, getting all the instruments ready and placing them behind my head, so I can't see them. I nod, focusing more on my breathing than what he's saying.

'Open!' He instructs. I oblige, wincing at the pain. Jonah and Daniel look at each other - I hate how they can communicate just by looking at each other and nodding. 5 minutes in, and Jonah asks to speak to Daniel outside the room.

JONAH'S POV

Almost as soon as Brianna opens her mouth, I see the problem. She had a cavity, and when she bit down, she cracked her tooth.

I look at Daniel, asking to speak to him outside. 'She has a cavity on her number 31 tooth... Not only that, but during the water fight this morning, she bit down on it, causing it to crack. She'll certainly need a root canal, I'm not sure what else yet. Can you have a look as well?'

DANIEL'S POV

After what Jonah told me, I felt I had to take a look at Brianna's tooth, and also ask her how long she thinks she's had the cavity.

I walk into the room, to see Brianna's leg bouncing and her hands shaking. I need to get her to see Zach, he can probably help.

'Hey Brianna,' I say. 'Jonah just wants me to have a look at your tooth as a second opinion, is that ok?' She nods. 'If something is wrong, would you rather I did the treatment or Jonah?' I ask.

'I-I-I don't m-mind...' She replies. She looks so worried, I feel so sorry for her. Her mental health hasn't been great since our Dad married Karen. They're divorced now, but it's still not great.

'Open.' I instruct. I take a look in her mouth, and see what Jonah was talking about. How do I ask her about this?

BRIANNA'S POV

'D-Daniel?' I ask shakily. 'I know I have a cavity. Karen pinned me down three years ago and drilled it with a drill from the garage, before injecting some kind of syrup in it every day...'

He looks shocked. I knew he was going to be shocked, but I didn't expect him to be this shocked.

'Oh my gosh B! Why didn't you tell me sooner? I could've brought you here to deal with it without anyone knowing' Daniel replies. Thankfully Jonah isn't in the room at the moment.

'And... Could you do whatever needs to be done please, not Jonah? Jonah's a great dentist, but now you know what happened, I prefer you'd do it.' I sigh.

'Absolutely B, that's no problem.' I reply, relieved I can do it. Jonah knows about her fear, but I think I understand it better as her brother. 'Open when you're ready please.' he asks.

DANIEL'S POV

Brianna opens her mouth, but before I begin I give her some noise cancelling headphones so she can listen to calming music.

I decide to give her some laughing gas to help relax her, as I know she's scared of needles.

BRIANNA'S POV

Almost as soon as Daniel gives me the laughing gas, I relax and fall asleep - they didn't wake me so they must've been quite glad I fell asleep.

** I'm sitting in the chair, when I see Daniel and Jonah looming over me like in a horror movie. They're smiling creepily and all their tools are rusty and covered in blood. I start hyperventilating, but see my Mum, who died when I was 9, and immediately calm down. Karen then appears, and I get a flashback to what happened, except this time my Dad is laughing and my brothers are pinning me down while my teeth are pulled. I wake suddenly, in a cold sweat and having a panic attack.

JONAH'S POV

'JONAH!' I hear, coming from the room Brianna is in. I rush in to see her having a panic attack while Daniel is doing the root canal. Immediately start calming her, and she wakes up slightly calmer. We give her some more laughing gas and Daniel continues, but this time I stay in the room.

DANIEL'S POV

1 hour later

The root canal went smoothly, apart from the panic attack, and I've spoken to Zach about her anxiety, hoping he can help.

Brianna is in a surprisingly bubbly mood, so I'm not sure what to expect until Zach walks in.

BRIANNA'S POV

'Heyyy Zachhh!' I say. Gosh, he's so cute. Does he know I like him? He will soon. 'You're so cute and kind Zach, I really like you.' I tell him. What was I thinking?! Too late now though I guess.

ZACH'S POV

Uh... What did Brianna just say? I knew I liked her, but I didn't know the feeling was mutual. I notice the others walk in just as I say 'I like you too Brianna.' They exchange bewildered glances. Oh dear. Too late now though I guess.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have no idea what that was, but I hope you like it! 😀

Since a few topics some people find sensitive are in here, my DMS are always open on here and Insta! DM me on here first though because I actually get notifications for Wattpad!

Keep sending requests and stay safe x