Chapter 1

I didn't mean to kill her.

Now you may be thinking "what do you mean? How did you kill her? Why did you?" Well it's quite simple. She was my love, my light and was also in danger of dying anyways. She was my partner in crime, my best friend. To explain what happened, I need to explain our story.

I met her in High school. The summer before sophomore year to be exact. I transferred to Los Angeles high, after me and my parents moved from the boring plains of Nebraska to the sunny, hot lands of Los Angeles. One thing to note about LA, especially the Hollywood area is that there's always music playing, drunk people, and illegal things happening.

My mom was not happy to hear that she was sending her child to a school in a city where all the bad things happen. On the other hand, Los Angeles was a blessing. I could finally practice surfing in an ocean instead of in a lake.

When we got to the new house that me and my family would be living in, the first thing I did was grab my surfboard and my car keys for my car that I got early for my 16th birthday which was in a few days.

"I'm heading to the beach. Be back later!" I yelled standing in the doorway of my new home.

"Please be safe! If anything happens, call your step-dad!" my mother yelled from the bare room that was supposed to be our kitchen.

Before my mother could even finish her sentence I was out of the doorway walking to my red 1972 De Tomaso Pantera.(see photo)It was fairly new. It was apparently my dad's before he died. Mom told me that he bought it when I was only ten back when they were on the market in 73'.

As I was walking to my car, a newspaper caught my eye. The date surprised me; July 15,1979. The day I met her.