Leaving Alone

She was just maybe teen years, maybe younger when I first saw her. Her beautiful long curly hair waving in the wind behind her. She seemed so peaceful, so calm. Like noting in the whole world had ever touched her. Noting bad had ever happened her. She smiled at me as she passed by. A more beautiful smile than her looks. It made her a 100 times more beautiful, and I never thought that it was possible to be so beautiful to start with. I loved her the minute I saw her, and I never stopped. That someone could be so cruel to her ever was to me the most impossible thing in the world, but that was not a fact. That was her curse.

She had just turned 13 and a big birthday party were thrown for her, but by some reason she never showed. You wonder why maybe? In addition, why would she not come to her own birthday party, and you would probably think that it was at her house, but no, it was not. Nobody knew where she lived. Many had tried to figure it out over the years. She managed every time to hide away from us. One time we were eight people casing her, but she hid in a junk yard to everyone got bored and went home. Why do I know this? I was there. Back to her party. All her friends wanted to give her a real party just for one year. With birthday presents and everything, but as I said. She never come. And I knew why. I knew that she would never come. I walked out. Over to the park, and as I knew. There she was. I could see her tears far away. It hurt me more than anything else to see her crying. “Love, why are you crying?” I asked her while taking her hand. She looked at me. “Oh, you always are here to save me. What would I do without you?” I smiled at her. “I want to be her for you.” I stroke her hair away from her beautiful face. As I knew, there was a bruise. I was not a surprise. It was never one. Not with her. “Why do you let them?” I asked her with pain in my words. “I just do.” She turned away from me with new tears in her eyes. I hugged her. My heart bleeding for her. I wanted to help her, but that would never happen. “Promise to never leave me, okay?” I heard her whisper into the wind, but I was not there anymore, but she knew. I would never leave her.

She was 15 the next time I saw her. Two years had passed. She had been gone for me way to long. She stood by the school. Looking out into the air muttering something. “Love, come to me” she whispered so low that I almost could not hear her. I could not answer yet; it was too early to reveal myself. I looked at her behind a tree. Whispering back. “I will come, but not yet.” Just as the words was out of my mouth, I saw them. Three guys coming her way. “So it’s her you are hiding?” one of the said. She looked down at her shoes and nodded. “But, I’m not hiding.” One of the guys started to laugh at her. “Not?” She looked up at him. “Please don’t do this to me, Jeremy. I love you. You are just drunk.” He laughed again. “Oh, dear. If I would choose you as my girlfriend I had to be drunk all the time.” I felt my anger towards him grow so fast. All these three boys were drunk, in the morning, they would not even remember this, but still they was going towards her. One of them grabbed her arms pushing her against the wall. Her head smashed hard into it and I could see her eyes rolling back one moment before Jeremy grabbed out of the boys arms and throw her on the ground kicking her. I stood there listening to her screams. She even screamed out for me, but no I could not go to her. When she almost passed out they stopped, they would not even give her the relief of escaping the pain. Jeremy sat down beside her. “I’ll see you tomorrow, right?” Then they were gone, letting her lay there on the ground crying out for help. “Love? I’m here.” She rolled over on her back to look up at me. I could see a weak smile on her face. “Why didn’t you stop them?” she whispered to me. I just smiled at her. “I couldn’t. You know that.” She nodded. She tried to get up, but her arms was not strong enough. “Help me please.” I nodded and lifted her of the ground and into my arms. “I’m sorry.” She did not look at me anymore. “I know you are. I just wished you didn’t have to.” With that, she was laying on the ground again, but this time on soft grass surrounded by flowers.