Chapter 3

~Adam's POV~

 "For understanding." He smiled, and I felt as if I was doing something good not just for myself, but for his sake. The bell echoed like a chorus of squealing children, and he hurried off to our shared class before I could say anything else.

I stood slowly, walking to class with the thought of the boy swirling in my mind. He wasn't normal, I knew, but I felt like something was tampering with his happiness enough for him to hate who he is.

As I entered the classroom, a breathy sigh left my mouth as I looked around the room for the brunet, smiling instantly as he came into view. I made my way over to him, and I didn't bother in asking if the seat was taken.

He looked to me and chuckled, shaking his head with disbelief written across his face. "Can't get enough of me?" He joked, and I smirked. "Not really. You're too irresistible." I played along, and I watched him snatch his eyes to me with red tinting his cheeks.

"You're joking, right?" He whispered worriedly, and I furrowed my eyes. "Not really. I mean, I was joking back with you, but I do think you're cute and fun to be around."

He became a deeper shade of red, a look crossing his face that said he couldn't believe my words.

"There isn't much to like." He whispered, and I knew he wanted me not to hear, but I did. I just shook my head, looking to the front of the classroom as the teacher made her way in. She placed her lunch containers down on her desk and stood back in front of the class, worry lines digging into her forehead.

As she began to drone on about how social positivity is a good outlook to keep in life, I glanced to Ty and took in his striking features. "Hey?" I whispered, nudging his shoulder lightly. He looked to me with a cocked eyebrow, eyes glazed over from overthinking.

"We should meet up somewhere, yeah?" I offered, and I watched his face pale. His eyes flashed with nervousness, "I had something planned."

I stared at him, seeing the hints of want and the need to give in present, and I wasn't having any of his nonsense right now.

"If you think you're going to just go home and take your precious life away, you're wrong. Meet me after school in the parking lot. We're going to get some coffee and get to know one another." I demanded, and his face went from confusion to submission. "Okay." Was his only word, as he was defeated and didn't want to fight back.

I smiled with success and turned my attention to the board that the teacher had written quotes on, not even paying attention to the lazily written words. I let my mind drift to what I would do to prove my trust to Ty, and how I was going to help save him.

If anything, I was thinking of how perfect he really was, and he didn't even know.

.

~Tyler's POV~

  I trudged down the corridors of school as the bell rung to dismiss the crowd of students home. I hadn't want to meet up with Adam, but I couldn't bring myself to go and do what I promised myself and mother. After all, Adam knew what my intentions were, and he would surely hunt me down until he found my house just to stop me.

I didn't know why he was trying so hard to help me, but it was nice. I hadn't had someone there for me since I came out of the closet and mother took her life. It has been a while, and to say it was unsettling isn't an understatement.

Being cared about just felt foreign in this point and time.

All too suddenly, I bumped into a taller brute and made his stuff fall from his hands. I stiffened, backing a few steps away in fear and terror. He snatched his head around and seethed with anger.