Chapter 54 - Yoongi Gives Birth

—🌈—

"Emperor, this is ridiculous! How can we even consider a woman as our general? This is begging other empires to come and attack us knowing we have such a weakness!"

The emperor put his hand up, silencing his royal advisors and turning his attention to the arena where I stood in the middle, "I respected the former general so I am willing to carry through with his trials. But nether the less, I have the same suspicions," the emperor replied.

My hands were sweaty as my nerves geared up to be ready for action. It had only been a couple of days since my father's death and they were already searching for a person to replace the general.

I tightened my grip in anger on the two virgin swords I was handed. They were small enough to maneuver but big enough to cause some real damage.

The royal advisors, sneering soldiers, and curious onlookers all held their breath as they switched their gazes to the emperor, waiting for him to give the signal.

I was nervous, but I had one thing keeping me going at the moment and that was the gentle and encouraging voice of my father.

'You got this queen. You'll take them all down.'

I closed my eyes, allowing my heartbeat to be the only thing audible to my soul.

The emperor simply raised his hand, and a nearby servant banged the bong, signaling the beginning of my fight to the death.

My eyes popped open, fire filled my irises as I scanned the area for enemies. A soldier to my left stepped forward with a large sword in his hand. He was awkward and clumsy with it as he held it up towards me. I laughed inside my chest, watching him put his feet shoulder-width apart and potentially tearing down his center of balance.

This'll be easy dad.

And it was. Soldier after soldier I was able to wound and bring down. Some of the best soldiers in the empire had come status hungry just to prove themselves and receive the emperor's blessing along with a fattened paycheck and a thirst for respect.

A ring of wounded lay around me as people situated themselves. I stood there out of breath as I stared the emperor down. My eyes speaking to him as I let the sound of painful moans fill the air.

Have I proven myself yet?

Even though I was silent, he heard me and responded right back with silent eyes.

No. It's not enough.

I huffed, looking around to see if there were any other brave soldiers willing to take me on. When I looked in their direction, they averted their eyes like children in school. Was it time to speak up? The arena was still empty except for my own living body.

"Is there anyone else willing to step forward? I urge you to do so, or forever hold your peace."

Silence followed.

The setting sun was already declaring me the winner by covering me from head to toe in vibrant gold. Was this it? Did I make it?