The Lotus Isle

This is the very first city i made for this world and the one I have THE MOST lore for. It also happens to be my favorite.

The city itself isn't found on any land mass nor fixated in the sky or sea. Instead it is constantly adrift on the waters. To find it one would need to be able to read the currents like how many read the stars in the sky to find their way. Fret not if you can't because whenever the city holds one of its famous fetivals or parties (which are so large in number it seems the party never stops) there is no shortage of merfolk, sea elf, or seasoned sailor who isn't heading to the water bound city willing to give a life for a few coins.

The city is built like a maze of docks and peirs joint together with buildings each unique in their own ways built to accomadate both residents. Of course the city also has an underbelly which is various sunk builds. From rooms, to taverns, and then some are just hung weighted ribbons to mimic kelp. The whole underwater portion resembles roots even.

The apperence of the city is its name as the city in all its beautiful lights of the night ours and dazzing colors drapping the town in hues make the above water portion as beautiful as any flower. The paired with the root like city bellow the town truely resembles a lotus built from isles.

The cities original inhabitates were merfolk and sea elves, the creation of this city marking the end of an history fued between the two sides.

For centuries the merfolk and sea elves were at war. It all starting when on of the sea elf ships, too distracted with day-drinking to mind their nets for nearly the whole day, had caught around 8 merfolk children who had been playing, as well as some particularly viocus Shark pups. The pairing of frightened children and sharks resulted in a lethal accident as the children were either mauled to death, or found themselves tangled in the netting till they ultimately sufficated.

Their poor remains would go undisovered till late in the night, shortly after the elf crew awoke to wailing from the seas as their ship began to take on water.

Their children missing the merfolk parents and people went in search of them only to find their cruel dead remains. Immediately they blaimed the elves for torturing their children to death as there was no way fishermen checking their nets wouldn't notice them. They saw it as murder and would seek revenge on the crew.

And they had it as the elven crew of 58 members were ripped to a blooded mess.

From there the violence and hatred only spirled.

For the next 500 years the two sides would wage war, the merfolk sinking fishing ships and cutting fishing nets to keep the sea elfs hungry and weak.

The sea elfs dumping nets, traps, and fishing hooks all throughout the waters the merfolk frequented to damage the masses.

It would come to pass that at a the ages of 5-8 a group of 5 merfolk children and a set of sea elf twins would come to meet.

The merfolk children had been caught in a fishing net in a similar fashion to the first merfolk children at the start of the conflicts. It was late on the fishing ship and the twins were the only awake crew, exploring the ship they spotted the merfolk.

Being very young with no minds of anceint revenge the twins took to the waters cutting the merfolk children free with the simple reasoning "its not very nice being tangled up all this that."

The seven children would all be known later as Cüret (Age 7), Dricsa (Age 8), Tyne (Age 6), Trifft (Age 7), Sharrs (Age 8), as well as twins Ráee and Laék (age 5).

(Ages of course being at when they met)

This would start a long standing private friendship. Ráee and Laék would end up orphaned as they hit their teen years and talk over the fishing boat.

The merfolk children were orphaned as babes raised together by their people. They would spend their time readying for conflict and stopping nearly al fishing vessles they came across, save for the one belonging to their best friends, who were as much their family as they could be in their eyes.

While the 7 grew to find the conflict pointless none dared to contest it worried in doing so their family on the opposite side would be hurt as a result.

This would all change on one faithful warm summer night.

Ráee and Laék were turning 21 years of age, in celebrating the light weight and more level headed of the two Ráee would drink too much that evening passing out. Leaving the more outspoken and bold twin to their own devices.

Laék would come to here of a Merfolk being held prisoner of war and would sneak off to set them free. However after releasing the merfolk known as Hrass free, they would proceed to grabb Laék by the neck and dragging them to the depths of the sea out of pure hatred and blood filled desire for revenge against all the sea elves for the greif they endured.

By morning Ráee would begin to sail thinking his sister had fallen asleep elsewhere and need to check all the nets.

It would be one of these nets he would find the drowned remains of his twin sister, who died helping others as she had her whole life.

Her 6 siblings and friends would seek a revenge of their own. Against the entire conflict. An act they were too afraid to do before her death regretably, but one they would hope would save others like her.

And thus the quest to end the fued began, the victort resulting in the founding of the lotus isle, the first 'building' being the fishing vessle where the 7 had meet.

After conflicts had been resolved, an age of prosperity began. Working together the two, now one faction built the most remarkable city, made the most sea worthy ships to touch the waters.

Any hatred for the other became an unknown concept as the isle became home to Sea elf and Merfolk alike, eventually merelf resulting.

Many of the buildings are enchanted to be flooded with water but the water beinf breatheable to any land fairing folk who entered thanks too the magical talent of Sharrs the Wizard.