• 1 0 •

Shivaay sauntered through the Oberoi Palace's garden as he gazed upon the stars

Shivaay sauntered through the Oberoi Palace's garden as he gazed upon the stars. The air of the metropolitan city usually fogged the atmosphere, making the stars seem like an elusive tale that only appeared if scrutinized through the sky. However, today was a little different. The stars seemed to have formed a group of their own and were having secret conversations and giggled out the shimmer to bless the eyes of Mumbai.

His eyes smiled at the tuberoses that stood fully bloomed near the cobblestone pavement, where his feet seemed to have taken a seat.

Can you still hear a person minutes after they had left?

Her voice was echoing through his blood vessels.

The whole evening seemed like a chapter taken out of a romance novel he had never read.

It seemed fictitious.

It seemed like a dream.

Yet it had all happened.

And somehow, he was a part of it.

Shivaay did acknowledge that while he could get lost and would never seek the way out of the labyrinth that her eyes were, he was not sure he'd be able to meet her eye to eye on a lot of things. He wondered how many more such matters were left undiscussed, where the two of them had to agree with either open arms or clenched fists.

With these thoughts rummaging through his mind, he finally made his way inside the house. It was pretty late. He was almost sure that the whole mansion would be asleep, sans Omkara, who sometimes stayed awake to paint with the night sky. Shivaay decided to walk up to Omkara's room as soon as he walked into his house.

However, he was surprised- whether pleasantly or not is still undecided- that his whole family was awake, and he had a hunch that they were waiting for him. With worry lines drawn over his forehead, Rudra immediately rushed to Shivaay.

"Bhaiya, are you okay?" Rudra asked, with his voice brimming out a concern that Shivaay had never heard before.

"Huh?" Shivaay was completely clueless.