9

MIND OVER MATTERpvris 0:00 ───|────── 0:00↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

MIND OVER MATTER
pvris
0:00 ───|────── 0:00
↻ ◁ II ▷ ↺

•─────⋅☾ ☽⋅─────•

It was on a bright Wednesday afternoon when lunch finally rolled in after what seemed like the longest four hours of back-to-back classes at Auradon High.

Students came slacking out of every corner of the building, complaining about how painfully slow the day was going while talking about how boring their lessons had been. They blamed it on how uncharismatic their teachers were.

Part of this grumbling crowd was Warren Hudson.

"I don't understand, how do you not dose off during Mr.Lane's class? It's so lame, a wall is literally more interesting to look at," Warren emphasized the humdrum of History period.

"If I dose off, who's going to keep you from doing so?" Nyx pointed out, raising an amused brow.

The pair had walked out of their fourth lesson together, making their way down the hallway.

Ever since their short encounter from the day before yesterday, the golden boy now considered the nyctophile his friend.

They sat with each other during the two classes they shared, and he would even walk her to her locker or her next period if it was on his way.

It was all a tad bit new to her, having someone by her side for so long, but she wasn't complaining.

She liked being in his company because it was refreshing to be around him. He was adorably funny and genuinely delightful.

"Hudson!" an approaching voice called out, halting Nyx and Warren in their path. It was coach Webber who was heading towards them, strained lines on his forehead.

"Yes, coach?" Warren greeted.

Webber raised his finger, "I don't see your name on the list yet. I'm not going to waste my breath asking why because I'm sure you were just about to go and register yourself. Don't make me remind you again. I won't hesitate from signing you up myself."

Coach Webber was a funny man with a first name that nobody knew of. He spoke the language of scorn very fluently, his wit was his politeness – he wasn't exactly tender when it came to dealing with or addressing students.

Nonetheless, everyone found his ways entertaining.

It was so transparently obvious that he never even tried to be courteous, making no real attempt to hide his annoyance toward teenage idiocy, very amusingly expressive of it through his one-of-a-kind remarks.

Before Warren even had the chance to voice out his confusion, having absolutely no idea what the coach was talking about, Webber spoke again in an unimpressed tone, "Can you believe it? Out of everybody else, they thought I was the most responsible one to volunteer for this thing. I can't even keep track of my cat, much less a herd of hyperactive students,"