Coffee Beans- Chapter 1

(Cafe owner x Model)

The heat of the sun started to fade, the looming dark clouds gathered above shrouding everything in hazy, melancholic fog. The street is filled with people rushing about, afraid to be caught in the impending torrential downpour.

This kind of weather urges people to enjoy a piping hot coffee.

However, for Knite, going to a cafe today does not contain the main purpose of just getting a coffee, but to see a certain someone.

They cheerfully head towards the coffee shop located in a two-storey building, it was nothing out of the ordinary, it may even be considered an old-fashion coffee shop however, the simple touch and vintage style emits elegance.

The bleak weather cannot affect Knite's mood, because today they got off early from their photo shoot, the shooting was packed up early, giving them more than enough time to satisfy themselves in the coffee shop. As soon as they finish, Knite rushes off.

They happily push open the wooden door, the bell hanged rings upon their entrance. The cafe, although not bustling with people, many costumers are enjoying their coffee while chatting, reading  a book or working on their laptops.

There are no workers around except for the person working behind the counter preparing the orders. Knite rushes forward and lines behind the costumer waiting, they peck slightly from behind, staring intently to the person preparing coffee by hand.

The Barista poured the espresso to the hot water placed in a cappuccino cup, then handing it to the waiting costumer. His neck clothed in a black turtle neck shirt appearing more slender, the long and pale white fingers release the hold from the cup and returns to fix the hair that got on to his face, his dark and straight hair swaying gentle, revealing his sharp jawline. The warm light from the cafe shrouded his pale face, creating an ethereal glow.

Uhh Knite clutches their wildly beating heart, at first the reason they came to this cafe was because of their delicious coffee then next thing Knite knows they look forward to seeing the person preparing the coffee more.

His name is Hakken, the Barista who prepares the coffee by hand. He stood particularly tall and slender behind the counter. However his gaze were always focus with his work, as if nothing is more deserving of his attention more than his coffees.

Even for someone like Knite who is a model and sought after of many beautiful men and women, the person seems to be treating them as someone invisible or if Knite is lucky (or has annoyed Hakken too much) a simple glance and a little talk is already a blessing.

But to Knite no matter how cold and indifferent the other is towards them, they just can't bring themselves to give up.

"Here's my contact information, you can call me anytime. I'm Lev by the way"

Knite's gentle smile immediately changes to a frown when they hear the man in front of them.

The audacity..

Knite clears their throat to indicate their presence, the man looks back and when he sees Knite's cold gaze they stiffened and reluctantly move out of the way but he still forced a smile towards Hakken before leaving with his order.

Knite notices the card and grabs it.

"Let me dispose this for you" Knite smiled so gently however with the force they exerted when crumpling the piece of paper tells Hakken otherwise.

Hakken remains looking at them with his usual indifferent look, it made Knite feel that the other can see them but not really putting them in his eyes.

"What are you doing here?"

Hakken's voice sounded husky more than usual as if he just woke up although it also has a bit of feminine tone. Knite is a sucker for this voice.

Knite flashes their most beautiful smile and leans towards Hakken over the counter.

"Of course to see you"
"It's 10 am"

Although Hakken only said a few words, but Knite understood it anyway. Knite usually came here early in the morning before going to their work for the day then drops by again after lunch then comes back to linger around at 4 pm before the cafe closes but since their Photoshoot was packed up early they managed to come again at 10.

Knite feels a familiar soft fuzzy feeling in their heart, after the realization that Hakken is aware of the time that they are usually around.

"Ohh so you remember the time I'm usually here"

Knite teasingly leaned even more closer towards Hakken, upon hearing their remark, Hakken's stoic face ripples with slight shyness and he looks away, grabbing a newly wiped cup and wiping it again.

"Leave me alone I'm busy"

Knite feels that it is enough teasing already, they turn and enters the vicinity where Hakken is working, they grab an apron hanging at the corner and ties it behind their back and pulling their sleeve to their elbows, as if a skilled part timer Knite begins refilling the stocks at the counter while Hakken just rolls his eyes because no matter how much they forbid the other from doing such things they do not listen.

"Our shooting was packed up earlier than usual, then I rush here immediately. Hey let's go out for lunch"

Hakken remains wiping the cup and ignores them.

"Please? Look at me I'm working really hard even though you don't pay me. I'm only asking for a little of your time."

They whine making sure to work their charm hoping the indifferent Hakken can be moved. However, Hakken still refused.

"I am going to eat with someone"

Knite's attitude turned again, but they suppress it trying not to scare Hakken.

"Really. May I know who it is? "
"My mom"

Knite is relieve. They smile happily and said that it is okay but made sure to ask for a lunch date with Hakken next time. Hakken did not respond, but Knite is happy anyway.

TBC

Photo crdts: _hakkencoser_