Introductions

"Did you see the new girl?" "She looks so pretty!" "Who does she think she is, walking around with her head up!?" "What if she's a witch!"

I rolled my eyes and kept walking. Seriously, what is their problem? Four words. None of my business. As I walk down the school hallway, I realize that I have no idea where I am. I stop walking and turn my head left and right looking for anything that could help me figure out where I was going. Oh no, oh no, I'm gonna be late for my first day of school. Seriously, I believed the day would actually go okay! Okay, don't stress, it's okay.. it's all gonna be okay-

"Excuse me miss? Are you looking for something?" I turn around to meet probably the cutest, most handsome boy I have ever seen. He had beautiful brown eyes and light brown hair. He was looking at me concerned. I stare at him for quite a long time I believe. How can someone be so handsome yet so... beautiful? "Miss?" I come back to reality and start blushing hard. "I'm sorry I zoned out. Umm.. actually, I was looking for the principal's office where maybe I could pick up things.. I really am at a loss what to do.."

First, he looked at me confused, then his eyes it up in realization. "Ohhhh you're the new student aren't you? It's nice to meet you! I'm Sato Akihiko!" I looked at him suspiciously before bowing. "Nice to meet you too, I'm Sayuri. Chinen Sayuri." He smiles and bows too. "The principal's office is right down the hallway on the left. I look forward to being in school with you this year!" I give him a smile before thanking him and walking in the direction he told me to go in.

As I was walking, I noticed the girls eyeing me up and down. Are they really already judging me? Trying to pick a fight? I sigh, shake my head, and continue walking.

I knocked on the door. "Excuse me? Is this the principal's office?" It took a few seconds for an answer and then. "Yes, come in." I open the door gently and see a woman inside. She wasn't young, but she wasn't old either. Her brown hair was tied up neatly in a bun and she was wearing glasses. She looked up from the papers she was reading and made eye contact with me. "Oh! You're the new student right? Please have a seat!" She smiled at me warmly. I returned it with a small one of my own and walked over to sit in front of her. "It's nice to meet you! I'm prinicpal Harada. Now excuse me, I'll call your homeroom teacher." She turned to the side and picked up the phone, pressing some buttons and putting it to her ear. "Hello? Yes, this is Harada Akane. Yes. Yes, I have the new student. Yes, that would be great. Alright, thank you!" She put the phone down and looked at me. "Please wait a little while." I grinned and nodded.

After a few minutes, I heard a knock on the door. "Excuse me? This is Miss Yoshida?" Principal Harada smiled. "Ahh yes, come in Hanae." The door opened and I saw a young, beautiful woman standing there. She had light brown eyes and long black hair tied up in a half and half. "Miss Chinen, this is your homeroom teacher Miss Yoshida." I looked at the principal, then at Miss Yoshida. I stood up and bowed. "It's a pleasure to meet you. I'm Chinen Sayuri." Miss Yoshida smiled and bowed slightly. "Nice to meet you too, come now, I'll take you to your classroom." I looked at her and nodded, then turning to the principal. "Thank you." She smiled. "For what? Go along now, have a good year!" I grinned and followed Miss Yoshida out the door.

"So Miss Chinen. I heard you're from America?" I nodded. "Yes ma'am, I moved to Japan last year because of some family issues." Miss Yoshida smiled. "I see, well I hope you enjoy your stay here. Oh! Looks like we're here." She stopped in front of a door. She opened it and walked in. "Alright class listen up! We have a new student, please be good to her!" She gestured me to come in and I took slow steps with my head down until I reached the front of the classroom. I looked up and saw so many people. I scanned them all and stopped at a pair of brown eyes. For some reason they looked familiar, like I had seen them somewhere. My eyes widened a little bit in realization. Those were... Sato's eyes! He was in my class!

I snap back to reality and bow slightly. "Nice to meet you. I'm Chinen Sayuri, I hope to be good friends with you all." I looked up and smiled a little. "Alright, now that the introduction has been made. Chinen? Do you have a preference of where to be sitting?" I looked at her, then around the room. "Actually, could I sit somewhere near Saito or Matsumoto?" Miss Yoshida smiled. "Do you perhaps know them?" I nodded and turned to them smiling. "Yes, they're probably my closest friends." The teacher nodded. "Alright, lucky for you there's a seat next to Miss Matsumoto. Go ahead and make your way there." I bowed slightly and walked through the chairs to somewhere near the back. There, Matsumoto was staring at me wide eyed. "Sayuri!? I didn't know you were coming here! Why didn't you tell me!?" She whisper yelled. I shrugged and smiled. "Surprise?" She chuckled and smirked. "You're in for it. Saito's probably gonna yell at you for a good five minutes." I sighed. "Probably longer if you ask me. She's practically fuming right now and I can't even see her." Matsumoto giggled. "You're right about that."