Chapter 1 ~island discovery~

This is my first story, and I hope you readers like it :) But first...

~This story is a work of fiction, and completely from my imagination. Any resemblance to other works or people, living or otherwise, is completely coincidental.

~The uploading, scanning, and distribution of this story in any form - including but not limited to electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, or otherwise - without the permission of the author is illegal and punishable by law

~Your support, as readers, is greatly appreciated. Please note that I have done very little editing, so it is still in need of work.
~And, without further ado, I give you:

Elusive

By: Ladylynsay

All rights reserved

Enjoy

*****

A woman's heart is a deep ocean of secrets.

-Gloria Stuart

~*~*~*~

The gentle wind played with Mark's golden hair as he followed his friend Andrew onto the ocean boat and inside to sit down. Andrew blew one of his soft brown curls out of his brown eyes and ducked through the doorway, a bit annoyed that he was tall and broad shouldered and had to duck a bit to get inside. Mark was about the same height and also had to duck, but he was only slightly smaller than his best friend. Andrew sat down and scooted over to make space for Mark before observing his surroundings. The boat is a fair size, with an area on the bow where people could stand and observe the surrounding waters.

Alan; tall, red haired, and blue eyed; stood out on the front talking and smiling with Anthony. Anthony was taller than most of the guys there, he had brown eyes and really curly brown hair. Darren was the shortest in the group, with brown hair, fair skin, and slight curls in his short brown hair. Darren walked to the front to stand next to Anthony and Alan.

As the motor of the boat starts up, Mark stands and goes to the back of the boat to watch them and the boat move away from Croatia and past Italy. About ten minutes later he moves to the front of the boat to stand with Alan, Darren, and Anthony. Far in the distance they could see the mysterious island they were heading too.

Almost two hours after their departure, a scraping sound escapes as the boat moves against the sandy and partly rocky bottom. The salty smell of the ocean continued to invade Mark's nose and he opens his hazel eyes to look at the island. The other guys start to take the supplies out of the boat and onto the serene beach.

A pillow is suddenly thrown at his face and he hears Andrew laugh and call to him, "Hey! Earth to Mark. Help us unpack all our supplies from the boat." Smiling, Mark throws the pillow back before grabbing a bag to start passing along.

~~~~~~~

Elizabeth ran an old comb through her long, milk chocolate brown curls and watched the neon green shadow moving quickly through the water towards her and the others. A few seconds later the underwater figure enters the cove and they are able to see the shape of Meredith. Her head pops out of the water.

"A group of guys have come to Sirena Island; and it doesn't look like they'll be leaving for a while." Meredith says excitedly.

There is a stunned silence for a few seconds before the others attack her with questions,

"How many are there?"

"Why are they here?"

"How long do you think they'll stay?"