Chapter 8 ~a terrible mistake~

Here is the next part, for your enjoyment :D

                                                                                        *****

"So, I heard you gave my friends a tour of the island. Can you give me one?" the question comes from Torrent next morning after breakfast.

"Yeah, I guess. The others could meet us at one of the beaches."

        Due to the fact that she had given everyone a tour before Torrent had arrived, she had figured this would come up sooner or later. So she wasn't surprised he is asking. What she didn't like was that she'd be with him by herself.

"I'll go tell Mark which beach to meet us at and when. Then I'll give you a tour."

"Fine by me."

Giving Torrent a small smile she makes her way to Mark. At her approach, he glances up from sharpening his pocket knife.

"Hey sweet pea, what's up?"

"Torrent asked for a tour of the island. I want you guys to meet me at Ajkula Bay around one this afternoon."

"Okay. Will Julia be able to get us there by one?"

"Yeah, she knows the way and can tell the time by the sun." She pauses before adding, with a playful smile, "or a clock, both work."

        Mark cracks a smile and she can't help but giggle before turning and walking back to where Torrent is waiting.

"Come on let's go."

"After you milady."

Rolling her eyes at the term she walks through the large green leaves blocking the trail; Torrent isn't far behind.

        She leads him around the island, stopping at the first two beaches before walking to the waterfall. They stop for a snack of fruit before she decided to have some fun. They hike to the top of the island 'mountain,' from there they can see most of the island. She points out where the camp is and the beach they're going to meet the others at in about thirty minutes.

"How are we going to get there in thirty minutes?" asks a frowning Torrent.

"Don't worry. I'll get us there on time." States Elizabeth mysteriously.

"How?"

"Ugh," Elizabeth groans, "Trust me. But you really want to know?"

"Duh. I asked didn't I?"

"Fine." She points to a spot fairly close to the edge of a rocky ledge, "Stand here."

        He moves to stand where she told him, passing close to her so his arm brushes hers. Once in position he turns to look at her. She twirls her finger, gesturing for him to turn back around. His eyebrows raise and her looks at her inquiringly.

She smirks and says, "What?" Elizabeth pouts a lip then continues teasingly, "You scared?"

        He huffs and rolls his eyes before turning around. Elizabeth moves to stand behind him. She puts her hands on his back, right on his shoulder blades, he takes a breath.

"Elizabeth?-" He grunts in surprise as she gives him a hard shove. He disappears over the edge.

She smirks and steps off the ledge behind him, into the basket waiting below.

Torrent is sprawled out at the bottom of it and he picks himself up.

"There's a basket."

"Yup. It's a zip line to the beach we're going too."