Just Because

There are times when the student council's room isn't used. Mostly it's when they don't have any events coming up or that they don't have anything to do that requires them to stay at school. Today was one of those days, the weather was perfect, it wasn't raining nor was it that sunny, it was perfect enough for students to go home without worrying about the heat or dirt they'll encounter.

Ishigami wasn't really in the mood to go home yet as he usually does. Maybe it's because he knew he can have the whole room to himself which makes him feel like he owned the place. Maybe it's just on instinct as he now frequently goes to this room more than he did before. Nevertheless, his feet made its way towards the student council's room instead of the school's gate.

He opened the door and the first thing that greeted him was a girl's figure facing her back towards him. She sat atop the president's table, on the left side, with arms both on her sides supporting her weight as she laid back on them.

The little light rays passing through the windows made her pink-hair glow beautifully. Ishigami can't help but stop on his tracks, admiring the view he was welcomed with and the same time, he wondered what could possibly be entertaining about what she was looking at.

"Senpai," he called out and the girl looked over her shoulders and stared straight at him.

"Oh, Ishigami-kun, what are you doing here?" Fujiwara chimed, she jumped down the table and placed a hand on her head, as if she was caught doing something she shouldn't, and well, she was caught.

For a moment, a chill went down his spine. Ishigami was almost certain that, for a split second, he caught her looking so pale- lifeless even. But now he wondered, maybe he was hallucinating for a second because the girl standing before him was smiling so cheerfully like she usually does.

"I'm part of the student council."
"We're free for today."
"I'm here to play games."

Chika snickered in triumph as if they both now have a secret enough for him not to say to anyone that she was just sitting at the president's table.

Ishigami headed towards the sofa and so did Chika. She was fidgeting and Ishigami can't help but be bothered by it, so he looked at her. She was acting like someone who doesn't know what to do now that they're not alone.

"What are you doing here Senpai?" Ishigami asked just to entertain the girl before him that he was sure would interfere with his game sooner or later.

"Y-yeah. Well." A cold sweat ran down Chika's face. Ishigami waited for a continuation but she stopped there.

"Uhhh, yeah well." He replied, indicating the end of their conversation, and started to boot up his game.

"Why did they have to be a couple?!" Chika shouted. "Urgh!!!!! They even went home together!! I can't interfere with that and even if I did butt in, they'll just request for me not to."

Ishigami looked at her as if she was really stupid or something. "Uh, that's normal, especially they're in the stage where--"

"If Kaguya requested that, it may as well be the death of me!!!!!" Chika cut him off. "And stage? Aaahhh!!!! I don't even want to think about it." She ruffled her hair. "Ishigami-kun help me."

"Huh?" Ishigami asked in a confused tone. 'What does that have to do with me?' he wondered but Chika didn't respond.

Fujiwara didn't really mean anything by it, she just wanted something to do to get the thought out of her mind, but then she heard Ishigami sigh. "Is that why you want a boyfriend?"

That caught Chika's attention, her eyes shined in expectation. "You have someone for me?"

"Not really." His immediate answer made Fujiwara slump on the sofa.