Chapter 2 - Insincere

"My phone, moisturizer, lip balm, vaseline. Okay everything here. Now we save to go" Kajol checked her important belongings before they went off to work. Madhuri drove the car to Kajol's office and dropped her. "Bye babe. See you later" Kajol kissed Madhuri's cheek and went inside the building.

After she parked the car, Madhuri walked inside the hotel. Then her phone rang and it was her boyfriend, Jackie.

Jackie: Hello babe where are you?

Madhuri: At work. Why do you call?

Jackie: I cannot call my girlfriend?

Madhuri: after a week ghosting me?

Jackie: Sorry I was busy looking for a job but none got my interest.

Madhuri: Why are you so picky about applying for a job? Just get one for a while then you look for your dream job. As long as you have income to survive.

Jackie: Hmm I will try. Babe can you help me?

Madhuri: Money again?

Jackie: Sorry but yes. I really need it right now. Can you lend me some? I promise to pay you back once I get a job.

Madhuri: I don't know Jackie. I am also short of it.

Jackie: Please babe I really need it. I don't know who I should ask for except you.

Madhuri: *sigh. Get it in my hotel this evening. I gotta go now.

Madhuri called off the caller and someone bumped her shoulder. "The fuck. Where are your eyes!" She bent to get her phone on the floor.

"Sorry sorry" and the man walked off in a hurry toward the entrance door.

"Sorry sorry" Madhuri mocked him and she kneaded her shoulder. It hurt a bit. "Was that a bull or what"

__ __ __

Kajol was waiting for Shahrukh. They were supposed to discuss the places they wanted to survey. "Where is this Mr Arrogant?" She looked at her watch. "It's been 20 minutes now. I should just get myself coffee than to have to wait for him" She scoffs and patted her fingers on the table.

"Hello. Sorry I'm late. I forgot to set my alarm'' Shahrukh entered the room and sat in front of Kajol.

'I forgot to set my alarm' Kajol mocked him in her mind. Shahrukh noticed her making face. "Are you alright?" He asked her.

"Uh? Yea. Let us start" She fixed her sitting posture and got ready with her ipad.

"But where is the other one? Thought they were supposed to be here." Shahrukh asked her.

"He is taking sick leave." Kajol awkwardly tapped her fingers on the table.

Shahrukh looked at her until she stopped tapping. "You done? We can start now" and they start their meeting. Kajol felt uncomfortable with his serious and arrogant nature. She couldn't wait to finish the meeting and went back to her office.

__ __ __

In the evening, Jackie came to Madhuri's hotel and waited for her at the back of the building. It was 15 minutes and Madhuri was nowhere to be seen. So he called her.

Jackie: Where are you?

Madhuri: Wait a few minutes. I have work to do.

Jackie: I've been here for 20 minutes now. Can you hurry?!

Madhuri: *scoff. Okay!

Madhuri went down to meet her boyfriend. She saw him smoking against the wall. She shook her head remembering when he promised to stop smoking.

Jackie quickly threw his cigarette when he saw Madhuri walking to him. "You have it?" He asked without asking how she was doing.

Madhuri rolled her eyes and gave the money to him. "I can't always support you like this. What is it for?"

Jackie took the money. "Thank you baby. You know I love you." He hugged her and tried to kiss her but Madhuri avoided him. He was offended by her reaction and tightened his arms around her waist. "Why? Are you mad? I missed you and you don't let me kiss you?"

"You missed me or my money? You only come to see me when you are in need. Where have you been for the past few days?" She folded her arms and did not look at him.

"I'm sorry. I was busy. Looking for a job" Jackie buried his head on her shoulder and kissed her neck. His hand moved along her body side trying to melt her.

"Jackie, stop. We are in public now" Madhuri tried to push him away but only to make him pin her with his body against the wall. He aggressive to her.

"OMG STOP!" She used all her energy to escape from him. "Why can't you listen when I say no?!" She fixed herself.

"Do you have anyone else?" Jackie asked her.

"What?! How could you ask me that?" Madhuri was shocked at his sudden question.

"Then why can't you let me touch you? You have someone else right?" Jackie lit up his cigarette knowing Madhuri hated it.

"Don't try to twist it as my fault now." She looked at her watch. "You know what, I gotta go." She walked away but Jackie grabbed her arm hard.

"You are only mine. Remember that. MINE!" Jackie pushed her and walked away.

Madhuri watched him and rubbed her arm. She then went inside and called Kajol to ask if she was done with her work.

Kajol: Yes babe I finished my work today. But what about you? It's not your time to go back yet.

Madhuri: I'm feeling unwell. If you can go home now I will take you at your place.

Kajol: Yeah sure. I will drive us home later. Come get me here.

Madhuri shut the call and drove to take Kajol.

__ __ __

At home, Kajol noticed Madhuri's mood seems off. She asked her but Madhuri said she was fine. Kajol knew something was not right so she decided to cheer her up. She prepared the dinner and brought it to the rooftop. She set the mini table with food. She then went to Madhuri's room. She saw her nap still in her uniform. "Mads, wake up. Let's eat."

Madhuri woke up from her nap. She then washed her face and walked to the kitchen. "Where is the food? Hmm" She frowned.

"Stop frowning and come" Kajol pulled her arm.

"Auch" Madhuri felt a sting on her arm. Kajol touched her bruises from Jackie's grip on her arm.

Kajol withdrew her hand on her and saw the bruise on her arm. "God what happened?" She asked Madhuri and checked her arm.

"Nothing. I bump into a bull" Madhuri jokingly lied.

Kajol looked at Madhuri. "Be serious. Tell me" She held Madhuri's hands and looked into her eyes.

Madhuri turned her face because she couldn't lie when Kajol looked into her eyes. She knew she would tell the truth but she wasnt ready to get any lecture from Kajol if she knew how she got the bruise. Kajol always didn't like her with Jackie. Even Madhuri didn't know why she still wanted to be with that guy. "Ahh nothing. Let's eat. I'm hungry." Kajol sighed and led her to the rooftop.

"Woaaa babe. This is nice" Madhuri excitedly sat down to eat. The best friends have their dinner. 

"So which bull was it leaving you a bruise?" Kajol still wanted to know who hurt her.

"Thought we done with that topic" Madhuri stuffed the food in her mouth. Now she thought she has to come out with a story and she thought of her incident at lobby where she bump into a man. "A hurry man bump onto me at the lobby. He didn't even ask if I was okay and just walk off. So, that is it. Can I eat peacefully now?"

"Okay!" Kajol took a spoonful food and stuffed it in Madhuri's mouth.

Madhuri hit Kajol's arm. "YOU!"