I

Magazines
~~~under the process of being edited~~~

I wondered through this cute little neighborhood, lit by faint streetlights and the occasional house light left on. Nighttime settled over the quiet homes and while sleep overwhelmed any normal 17 year old, here I was creeping through the streets.

Well, I wasn't stealthily sneaking from house to house causing mischief and trouble. No, I was just procrastinating my walk home from my late job at the local CVS here.

I had Sam Smith playing out loud from my phone quietly while I kind of walked to the beat. These scenarios running through my head of the man of my dreams pulling up in a nice car, offering to take me far away from here where we'd get married, have children, I'd be the housewife I've always wanted to be.

We could start a family like those families in the magazines where they're all smiling and happy, close and hugging. A perfect family seemed like the perfect dream which was far, far, far from coming true.

Part of me always assumed I'd end up like every parent thought of me, a lousy kid stealing from gas stations and ruining her life with drugs and alcohol. I'd die young and confused with nothing to my name and no family to care. It was just expected from me and I didn't really do anything about it.

These really pathetic thoughts just kind of flooded my mind when I found myself completely lost. I stared at the intersection in front of me, the stop light changing colors after about a minute.

Maybe after five minutes of me just standing there, I hear a truck come to a slow stop beside me. The window is rolled down and soft music puts out along with warm air and the scent of a clean bedroom. This male voice speaks a few times while I just kind of stare off into the distance.

"Ma'am!" He finally shouts. I turn and just glare at him,"oh my god, what?"

The man laughs, hidden in the shadow of his hood for his head,"Do you need a ride or something?"

I laughed,"you could be a killer or some shit." And while I couldn't see his face, I could see his smile; pearly white, perfectly straight teeth like a man in the magazines.

"Hun, while you are stunning, I'm not gonna kill you or anything crazy, I just wanna help you out." He shuffled a bit before letting his hood down.

A gasp escaped my mouth, just staring at this gorgeous man with a strong jawline, clean cut and eyes a milky brown color. He was absolutely gorgeous like any man in the magazines.

"Trust me." He smiled at me, reaching over and popping the door open from the inside. In a trance of some sort, I crawled in, shutting the door behind me and let the warm air embrace me. The man just nodded at me before he started to drive.

"What's your name, hun?"

"What's yours?" I smirked at him.

"Ryan." He didn't even hesitate with responding.

I sat back in the seat, thinking for a minute before responding,"Kylie."