25. Valid Defenses

"Isn't that right Namjoon-shi?"

Every eye drove a bit too slowly to the deep dimpled man who just gave out a very sheepish smile. "Namjoon Hyung? You knew about this?", Jungkook asked in a whisper, but you could figure out the confusion and the slight hurt in it. All the others stared at him with their jaws dropped while Namjoon nodded as he nervously fiddled under their accusing gazes, his face etched with regret which only worsened when his eyes landed on the maknae who bore a pout of betrayal on his face, "How could you Namjoon Hyung?...W-Why didn't tell me?"

You rolled your eyes at their dramatics and felt bad for the poor man who seemed to be in need of a big hole so he could crawl in and hide from his friends' gazes when it wasn't even his fault in the first place. "Hey! Hey! Hey!", you shouted out with a glare forcing their eyes to snap back at you who sounded annoyed, "Before you all gang up on that poor guy, listen to the rest of the story. It's not his fault, Okay. As I said, he had no choice, did any of you actually listen to what I said earlier.", your eyes skimmed through their faces before continuing, "Yes, he knew. In fact, he was the one who made sure that none of you accidentally sent this news outside. He and your CEO were, fortunately, the only ones who knew about this mission and before everything, we made him sign the contract and from then he couldn't utter a word about us. It's not that Namjoon didn't want to tell you he wasn't allowed to.", you then turned your head to Jungkook who lowered his head, avoiding your eyes, "Of course, he could have broken the rules and told you every little secret. Still, then, you would've had to find another leader because this one will be too busy stuck in our jail!! So before jumping to conclusions, listen to the whole story!!!.", you blurted causing everyone to flinch and your glaring face didn't make anything better. You were scarier than Jin when you were angry and the boys get nightmares about their eldest's angry face, so imagine the monstrosity of yours.

Everybody now felt guilty, especially Jungkook. He should have known better, it was his leader and hyung you were talking about. Namjoon was one of two people he admires in his life and Jungkook should have known that his hyung wouldn't do anything without thinking carefully, especially when it came to the rest of them, his family, and their safety. "I'm sorry hyung", Jungkook's voice was soft yet the guilt was dripping from it. Namjoon just smiled and shook his head, "Kook, It's okay. If it was me, I would have been hurt too. I really wanted to tell you but I couldn't risk our group's protection, and more than anyone, I know some can't keep their mouth shut", Namjoon eyed Jimin and Tae who just pouted, "That, and I didn't want to end up eating disgusting, dry jail food", Namjoon stated ending it with a disgusted face when he thought about a face earning the laughter of everyone.  

"Hey!! Our food's not bad. We literally give an entire fricking KFC's extra crispy bucket for each person", you scoulded playfully offended. Jimin, Tae, Jungkook, and surprisingly your brother snapped their heads to face you. 'Oh boy! what now?'

"What??"

"Why?"

"You give KFC to prisoners?"

"Can I kill you so I can do a good deed and also get a good thing out of it?" 

You looked at Jungkook with murder eyes, which he just flipped off, and showed a weird face to the other three, "Aren't you guys billionaires or something?", you asked in confusion. 

They're idols they say, they can even own Korea if wanted to, they say. Well, whoever said that, must know that those very billionaires are currently attempting to commit treason and earn a place in jail so they can enjoy a free KFC Bucket, a freaking KFC Bucket. Wow, just wow.

"We may have money sweetheart. But for a free KFC Bucket, we'll do anything, and, I. Mean. Anything!!", Jin stated before ending it far too dramatically with, what you assumed, was a burst of wicked laughter. You just stared at them blankly before sighing and shaking your head, "What a bunch of idiots", you mumbled to yourself making sure no one heard.