What Happened?

"Iwa-Chan!" Oikawa shouted as he rushed towards his best friend. It was a very important day to the brunette. He would confess to his crush/childhood friend. Nervous wasnt the word to describe Oikawa. His heart pounded in his chest.

"What do you want Shittykawa?" Iwaizumi asked with annoyance laced in his voice. Oikawa smiled and started walking beside the other 

"Meet me outside the gym after practice alright?" 

"Fine" 

____

Oikawa excitedly walked outside the gym to see Iwaizumi standing there, leaning against the rusted building. Oikawa felt his heart pound in his chest rapidly to the point where he felt his heart beat in his throat.

"Iwa-Chan!!" Oikawa called trying to walk over only to be crowded by a bunch of girls. He glanced over at Iwaizumi and watched as a girl walked over to him. The fan girls tried to get Oikawa's attention but he was stuck.

Watching as Iwaizumi accepted the gift that was handed to him by the girl. 

'crack' 

He felt his heart shatter. Tears filled his eyes as he pushed his way from the girls. 

"Sorry girls but I should be heading home" He dismissed himself and ran. He ran from the school, ran from his best friend and ran from his problems. Tears slid down his cheeks as he continued running.

Then he bumped into someone.

___

"Tsumu! Im a third year now!!" Oikawa smiled happily as he rushed to his best friend. They hugged tightly.

"Congrats!! One last year before college!! Are you going to... ask him out now? He and Anaya broke up.." 

Oikawa rubbed the back of his neck and nodded. This was his chance. He waited since his first year of highschool. He needed this. Iwaizumi was finally single again and it was his chance. They had grown farther apart because of the girl.

"Good luck with that Kawa. Go to school though Im staying in a hotel for now" 

Oikawa nodded and waved goodbye before running in the direction of his school. He held onto the strap from his bookbag and ran. The sun shined brightly. Cherry blossoms fell into the brown hair. The smell of life filled the morning air.

Today was the day

Today is the day

__

"IWA-CHAN" Oikawa shouted and ran over to his childhood friend. The green eyed male looked over and raised an eyebrow. 

"Yes Crappykawa?" Iwaizumi asked and looked at the cherry blossoms on a tall tree that stood beside the gates to the school. 

"I wanted... to talk with you" Oikawa answered with his bookbag strap held tightly in his hand. His stomach twirled and he felt his mind halt to a stop. A strong wave of random emotions crashed over him. Fear, anxiety, happiness, hope.... desire

"What's up?" 

Oikawa swallowed the lump in his throat and mentally slapped himself on both cheeks.

"I have romantic feelings for you!" Oikawa shouted and lowered his head. He stared as his feet and waited quietly. A hand touched his shoulder making him flinch and look up. He felt relief wash over him when he locked eyes with the gentle green ones.