Attack and retreat

Suggestion: I would like to make the same suggestion as I did in the other part. Try to imagine this part in your head like your in a movie or your actually thier. 🇩🇪

---------------------------------------------

I finally finished my letter and sent it to my family in Berlin.

The nurse that I met was really nice and always talked with me, as I got better and better.

A couple weeks after my breathing became easier and my heart rate didn't jump up as much anymore.

On the day I was to be released from the hospital I said my goodbyes to the friends I made and to the nurse.

It was nice saying goodbye to the nurse because.., well she, um...., kissed me.

Anyhow I got a lift to my camp in a hanamog half truck.

The ride was bumpy and I got thrown out if my seat a couple if time which sent laughs threw the whole truck.

I was dropped off and said bye to the driver and thanks for the lift.

i showed my papers to the guard who examined them carefully and cleared me through.

I only wish I had known that that day we would go on the attack against the russian entrenchment.

I walked down a dirt road for acouple hundred yards and saw my camp.

I went up to another guard and showed them my papers.

I entered the camp and saw some old and new faces.

I said hi to those I knew, they told me that they were happy to see me alive.

I greated the new ones and asked them how long theev been here and welcomed them to the camp.

After saying and greeting all the new people I left my stuff in the quick built barracks with my buddies and went around looking for the platoon commander to tell him that I have come back.

I found him and could only get out a word or two before he boarded a train and quickly left.

Probably for a while too.

I walked back down a trail to my camp. The trail was muddy and thier were a few frogs and worms crawling and jumping here and thier.

I put my hands in my pockets and continued walking.

5 minutes later......................................

(Back at camp)

ACHTUNG!!

(ATTENTION!!)

Heute werden wir sein Angriff auf die russische Schanze, auf Befehl des Oberkommandos.

(Today we will be attacking the russian entrenchment, by order of the high command.

sie erwarten, dass wir ihr Vergehen überlaufen und zu zerstören, so viel wie möglich von der Roten Armee in diesem Bereich und deren Ausrüstung.

they expect us to overrun their offense and destroy as much as we can of the red army in this area and their equipment.)

HAIL HITLER!!!!

(HAIL HITLER!!!!)

Achtung, ...... Vormarsch

(Attention,...... forward march!)

We started marching across a field to our trenches to get ready for the attack

I took a note and stuffed it into an old .50 caliber shell I found when we were stationed by Stalingrad.