1: Oneshot (End)

I am a cat. It took me a while to accept this fact. I used to be a person after all.

But as a cat, I have a secret crush on my owner.

I know it sounds cliché. According to the way things go in novels, the person I have a crush on should also have a secret crush on me, and I'll eventually transform into a human. Maybe with cute cat ears and a cat tail, together with the person I like.

But I don't think that's going to happen. My luck doesn't seem as good as in the novels.

An ordinary cat's head doesn't seem to fit an active human mind.

I feel more and more like a cat, and my memory isn't too good.

Maybe it won't be long before I forget I like Song Ci.

Song Ci, my owner.

The person I like.

See there, he's coming over to give me some dried fish.

"GuGu, come and have a little dried fish."

Song Ci reached out and touched my little cat head. He has beautiful hands.

How good do they look? Well, I can't really think of any pretty words. You see, a cat doesn't have that much IQ.

I rubbed against Song Ci's hand with my head and meowed a few times.

This isn't bad. Maybe when I only have cat instincts left, I'll still stick close to Song Ci, even if I don't remember that I liked him.

"GuGu, you're getting so attached to me lately," I heard Song Ci say.

The day I became a cat I made a big fuss. The only thing I wanted was to change back and go home to find my parents. Song Ci had to lock me in a cage.

Nowadays I don't really want to go home. I still feel a little sorry for my mom and dad, but this cat head of mine doesn't remember my parents very well.

...

I think a few more days have passed. Recently I'm more and more confused. It feels like there's nothing to think about anymore.

"GuGu is so good." Song Ci stroked my head.

"Meow meow~"

"GuGu, you really look like a kitten now."

"Meow~"

I have always been a cat.

---

TL Notes:

If you have questions, take a look at the tags... (✿◉‿◉) ━━━✫・*。

GuGu - 咕咕 - Gū Gū

Song Ci - 宋词 - Sòng Cí

---

The original story in Chinese is available for free on its official page on JJWXC (我是一只猫 by 花姨). If you'd like to support the author, please add her and the story to your collection and check out her other work ♥

Thank you for reading! (ノ◕ ∇ ◕)ノ*:・゚♥

- Confectioner aka Gao Dian Shi (糕点师)

---

Crossposted with my permission to Foxaholic