chapter one

nanny plum woke up, the same dull sky called to her, the same grey looking world urged her to get ready as she sighed, wanting to go back to sleep. little did she know that over 100 miles away, a young man named shrek was doing the same, contemplating his useless decisions that got him into this repetitive lifestyle he had to endure on a daily basis.
they were both looking for somebody to love and be loved, but it seemed impossible.
shrek was rich, a bachelor at his finest, showering in dollar bills and flashing his golden rings but on the other hand, nanny plum, she was barely above average; barely able to make ends meet. she worked so many day shifts and night shifts that she thought she might go mad.
how would these two people ever be able to meet, you might ask? well it starts in high school, the summer of 1998, in california.

(1998) -nanny plum
my name is plum, and i am 17 years old. you already know me, from what i gather, so its nice to meet you, reader.
my life is boring. that is the only word i can use to describe it, and the only word i will use. it is not a crime to have a dull life, so i'll stick to it and try to survive the rest of high school. i only have a few friends here, however the drama here has given me more than just enemiies. i have never been tempted to commit murder, but when it comes to him i think i find myself losing my very own sanity. his name is shrek, and i have to endure sitting next to him in geography and science. i had to restrain myself from using the bunsen burners in an attempt to burn his face off. i never thought i'd have a sworn enemy, but here we are. him, with his stupid smile, and his funnel looking ears.
its ridiculous.
——————————————-
*bell rings*
i struggled to get my timetable out of my bag, why did i even put it in there? how stupid can a single human be?
'dude, do you need help?' a voice snickered, s voice that could only become to the one and only famous ogre.
'and why would i need help with you, earwax candle prick?'
'i was only offering, but apparently not, s9 your loss sweetheart.'
he called me sweetheart, i felt my face burn up as i clenched my fist- why did i do this to myself.
'are you blushing?~' he smirked, putting his hands in his pockets.
'fuck off, shrek.'
'if you say so.' he shrugged, and swear i could see something like a frown etched on his face before he walked off. and that was an amazing start to my day.