The Tales of a Blind Dog

Hello :) I'm sure some of you know that my dog Jake is blind. I decided to do a sort of memorial for him since he's been through so much. Enjoy :)

------------------------------

Jake was 9 years old when he lost his sight. About a month earlier, he was diagnosed with Diabetes. He learned very quickly how to make his way around the house. We could not use treats and our family felt useless. Then we had an idea. To do his "business" we took him out on a leash. He learned quickly that "up" meant there was a stair and "down" meant there was a slope. We went along for a while, not doing much. He slept most of the day since we couldn't take him out for walks until his diabetes was figured out. Our new cat, Sammy, had come when Jake could still see and enjoyed playfully attacking Jake when he was blind. Now, Jake has learned how to defend himself by "stepping" on him.

One day, Jake got a new toy. It was a tug-of-war toy and we enjoyed playing with it. One day, I dropped it and he went on a search for it. This gave me the idea to teach how to fetch again. He follows my instructions of "left" or "right" and follows the sound. He's actually gotten pretty good. Now we play with all sorts of things.

Jake isn't doing amazing, but he isn't doing awful either. This book will be about things we know about him and his past adventures ;)

-Tori