Chapter 4

Niall's POV:

I wiped my clammy hands against my jeans, afraid to open his classroom door. Damn, why was I so nervous? I shook my head already knowing the answer to that.

I get butterflies whenever I see that man. For heaven's sake, he wouldn't be doing anything but his presence alone makes me blush with puppy love and nervousness.

"Come on Niall, it's just a tutoring session. What could go wrong?" I said to myself. I let out a shaky breath and finally built up the courage to turn the doorknob, which was thankfully locked. I sighed in relief, turning on my heel when suddenly, I head the door unlock and open.

"Niall, where are you going?" The all too familiar voice asked me. I turned around, trying not to look nervous. "I....um, I thought you left. But you're obviously still here." I answered. That was a good enough answer, right?

Mr. Payne nodded his head, chuckling a bit. "Yeah, I'm still here. I just had my door locked." "Oh okay." I said, not wanting to have an awkward silence.

"Yeah..." Mr. Payne said again, and no one spoke anything after that. Well, so much for not wanting the awkward silence.

We stood there staring at each other before Mr. Payne shook his head, obviously distracted by someone. Distracted by.......me? I discreetly looked around. Nope, I was the only one in front of him. Who knew I would be the one to catch his attention?

"Niall! Come in, don't just stand there!" Mr. Payne said. I chuckled and walked inside the classroom, completely unaware of the fact that Mr. Payne had locked the door again. I handed him the permission slip from yesterday, and he gladly accepted it.

"I'm so glad you decided on this, Niall." He said, smiling. "Well, I don't wanna go to summer school. Might as well study now." I replied. "Exactly. Now grab a textbook from under the desk and complete this worksheet." Mr. Payne said.

He handed me a worksheet and walked to his desk. I stared at the worksheet and realized that I don't know the answer to any of the questions. I'm such a dumbass.

I sighed. "Mr. Payne, I really need your help." He slowly walked towards me. I stared at his shirt, moving perfectly with, what I imagined was, his perfectly toned and tanned body. He reached my desk and rested his hands on both sides, leaning down.

"What do you need help with?" Mr. Payne asked in his deep voice. "E-everything....." I whispered, humiliated.

*45 minutes and 15 questions later*

"Oh, so the Cold War and Civil Rights Movements happened after World War II?" I said, finally understanding when these events took place.

"Yes, Niall. Now remember, these are just the major things that happened in history, you also have to remember the minor things that happened during each event." Mr. Payne explained. "Ugh, when are we ever gonna use this information in real life?!" I groaned.

"When you become a history teacher." Mr. Payne said sassily. I rolled my eyes at him. "That was the last question on the worksheet, wasn't it?" He asked.

I looked at the worksheet front and back, "Yeah. that was the last one." He smiled mischievously and took the paper from the desk I was sitting at. "Good."

I lost focus on what Mr. Payne was doing and started playing with my fingers, completely unaware that the lights dimmed and that Mr. Payne walked behind me.

I gasped when I felt Mr. Payne's strong hands massage my shoulders. His firm touch sent chills down my back. Beads of sweat started forming on my forehead.

I looked at him warily before saying, "I-I-I guess I'll be going now.....T-thanks for the help Mr. P-Payne." Now that I'm noticing everything, the room looks a lot darker than before; which is strange...