On Hold

Hello gorgeous people! It has been a hot minute. I swear I have an explanation, I'm just not sure it's what you've been hoping for.

I love this story. I really do. I love the characters and I am madly in love with Yara Greyjoy. I had a plan. At least the basic 3 act and the basics of Deema's character. I was so excited that I just started writing instead of the planning that was obviously needed.

While writing, I kept coming up with new ideas, more depth, and was still developing Deema as a character. This changed the course of the story, it wasn't what I had planned anymore. This wasn't a bad thing, but I didn't know what my next move would be. Then, because Deema was still very much in the developing stage, I lost her character.

I was losing everything I had planned but didn't notice. Then, for the sake of a stale romance, I lost Yara's character (at least my version) to that. I didn't notice until I had to start writing again. We're so close to the end that I thought I could power through. For a while it seemed like I could, but then I noticed the story was just... Disappointing to me. So I didn't continue.

This isn't the end of these characters of the story. I'm planning to do a rewrite that already has more planning and more devolopped characters. This will still be a little while away, but this story had gotten a bit of attention the last few weeks and I don't want to disappoint anyone by not finishing this.

I will let you all know when the rewrite is going up and I'm more than happy to answer any questions about where this story was headed or even the rewrite if you have them.

I hope to see you there!