1

Hey Joe!
Meredith! Rough day? Want your regular?
You know it!

Taking her place at the bar she sips tequila watching her hospital mates scramble from table to table.
"Red wine" A woman says placing her bag and hurrying off towards the bathrooms.
"Joe one more." Meredith says glaring off across the room.
"Fancy seeing you here" A red headed woman approaches behind Meredith.
"Addison!" Meredith turns around as the slim red head wraps her within her embrace then taking a seat.
"I heard about Derek, How have you been?"
"Addison- I I'm sorry I didn't call you should had heard from me" Meredith swivels her stool back to her tequila shot.
"Grey how have you been holding up" Emerald eyes stare into the side of her face as a hand cold to the touch wraps around her wrist.
"Meredith your cabs here!" Joe yells from down the bar.
"Here Joe send it off I am going to take her home" Addison hands off some cash as Merediths eyes meet hers downing her final shot.
"Is that okay?" Addison asks as Meredith glares off
nodding they both stand exiting the bar

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Meredith's Pov :

"Psh Richard. RICHARD"
"What is it Meredith"
"What is she doing in there with Bailey" Nodding towards the smiling Addison sitting across from Miranda.
"We have an position open I figured while she was in town she could fill it until we found someone" Richard says going on his way.
"Ooo who is that"
"Go away Smitt" Addison coming back to grey sloan after Derek was the last possible thing I could have imagined happening.

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Addison's Pov :

"Well im glad to have a familar face back in here especially after these past few months"
"Glad to be back"
"E.R gotta run Settle in and welcome back Addi" Bailey takes off through the double doors. Settle in huh I think I just might.

Heading into the lounge I notice Meredith Across the table slumped down in her chair. Making my quick cup of coffee I take a seat across from her.

~Active lockdown I repeat active lockdown~

The doors shut Meredith hops up trying to open them.
"No no No" She pleads
"Grey it's an active lockdown"
"No I have to go back to her I told her I would be right back" Shaking the doors aggressively.
"Mer. Meredith!" Grabbing her wrist she slows down.
"Breathe just breathe. Told who you would be back?"
"This little girl her mom and her came in from the car wreck her mom didnt make it i told her i would be back and wait with her until her aunt came" She says in panic taking a seat on the edge of a chair"
"It's okay. She will be okay."

Eventually Meredith calms and we sit in silence.

"Did you ever think about calling?"
"yes"

"Did you still love him"
"He was my first love but he deserved you Meredith he deserved you. So yes but overtime I loved you too" Green eyes shot up meeting mine.

"See I knew you didn't completely hate me" We both laugh. She is right I never hated her she was everything I wanted but could never have.

"I chased him-"
"What?"
"I chased him I tried taking him away from you but not so you couldnt have him"
"Then why?" No longer could I make contact with Meredith this is the first and the last time I will ever be able to say this.
"Addison"
"So he couldn't have you"