Intro.

Clarissa's POV
(Clarissa as a 7 year old child)
I walk down the stony path. It's dark but there are still a lot of people outside. As I walk, a basketball slowly rolls my way. I pick it up and look to see who's ball it is. I can see boys my age running towards me. "You wanna play?" One of the boys asks me. I smile in response. They all look at me and all burst into laughter. What's wrong? "Haha!!! She doesn't have her front teeth, she looks so ugly! Haha!" They all laugh. I quickly cover my mouth. I forgot that I didn't have them. The dentist had to take them out because the had cavities. As they laugh, I feel something warm roll down my cheek. I was crying. Well of course I'm crying, I mean, I just got embarrassed by a bunch of boys. A different boy comes out from the crowd and walks in front of me. He faces them and let's out a big yell which seems to scare them off. He turns around and faces me. " Shhh, stop crying they're gone now" he says to me. It seems to make me feel better, but I would not take my hands from my mouth. " You can take of your hands, I won't make fun of you", he says. I shake my head, not wanting to be made fun of again. " I promise I won't, just take off your hands", he repeats. I slowly take them off, but my mouth stays closed. "Like this", he says, making a big smile. I shake my head. "C'mon... Please?" He asks. I make small smile. " Make it a big smile"he says. I make my smile bigger. "There you go!" He smiles. "My name is Chase", he says. "Clarissa", I respond. "Let's play", he says, pointing to the basketball on the ground. We shake hands and end up being the best of friends.