Chapter 1

Clarissa's POV
(Present time, when Clarissa is a teenager)
"Hey! Clarissa!" Chase calls me. "What?" I call back as he runs towards me. "Catch!" he yells, throwing me a pair of sneakers. They were red, white, and black, my three favourite colours. This boy knows me to well. "What are these for?" I ask, examining the shoes. "For basketball", he simply states. I take the shoe and I smell it. Yeah, although I'm a girl, I don't follow by all there manners and all that stuff. "Oh my gosh, it smells disgusting!" I cough out. I tried to get the smell out of my nose. "Ummm, that's the point", he chuckles. I roll my eyes. " O C'mon your shoes probably smell worse!" He says. He grabs my shoe causing me let out a scream. He smells it and pretends to die. I laugh and try to grab my shoe, but I miserably fail. " Come and get it!" He laughs holding up my shoe over his head. "Give it back, this is not funny", I yell at him. I constantly try and we stand there fighting over my shoe. In a funny way of course. As we fight endlessly over my shoe, we here a yell. A yell from Chase's mother. " Richard come back here! This is embarrassing to all the people, Richard!" Chase's mom, Elizabeth, calls to her husband, Richard. Chase's dad. Richard and Elizabeth have been fighting ever since Richard had this belief that Elizabeth was cheating on him, which everybody knows is not true. Elizabeth works at a hair parlour. She is very smart but ended up not getting a very good job. She is working very hard just to get the money to keep chase alive. She and I are very very close, but ever since Richard threatened to leave his family, she's been falling apart. She was like my own mom. My mom ran away because she didn't go to collage and had me when she was only 15. She got a job as a waitress, but became a pole dancer and ran away with one of the bitch guys that get girls to fall for you, sleep with them for a night or two, and then just have sex with another slut the next day. When she ran away I was only 7. The only good thing that happened at that age was when I met chase and his mom took care of me. Ever since, Elizabeth has been taking care of me. Richard just left to go with another woman and now, I don't know what will happen to Chase and his mom. I look over to Chase and I see him crying. I've never seen him cry, I mean, I have, but it happens rarely."Chase?" I call him. He's been staring at nothing for the past minute."Chase!" I call him, trying to get his attention. "What! What do you want, huh! Do you wanna say sorry about this! Do you wanna take pity on me! This isn't your problem! It's mine! So leave me alone Clarissa! Don't bother me!" He yells. Tears are constantly streaming down his eyes. I look around and everybody is looking at us. "Uh...ok...I-I'll just, I'll just go t-to...um...to, I-I don't know. Just s-somewhere where you, where you won't be bothered by me." I stuttered. I turned around and ran to my room and fell to my bed. I reprocessed what just happened earlier. That's when I started to cry. Cry ,like, a lot. Me and Chase have NEVER been in a fight... Or, Chase never yelled at me like that. But we still have never fought. "Clarissa?" Elizabeth called. If you already forgot, she is Chase's mom. "Yes" I replied, trying not to make it sound like I was crying. " May I come in?" She asked. "Sure" I said. She came into my room and looked at me in shock. "Dear! What's wrong?" She asked. "Nothing, nothing, it's ok. Chase just got mad when, you know, when Richard left. Then he kinda let out his anger. It hurt a little just knowing he would yell at me, but I understand why." I whispered. Tears fell from my eyes. "I'm gonna deal with that boy", she says. "Chase!", she yells. There was no answer. "Wait a second darling" she says. She gets her phone and calls Chase. You can hear his phone ring if he is here. Chase will never let go of his phone, even in his sleep. He has a phone lock that hangs on his door. He put his phone in it and locks it with a pascode that only him and I know. I never open it though. If he figures out that I did something like that, he would probably loose his trust in me. His phone didn't ring, so he wasn't in the house. "Oh where could that boy be?" Elizabeth asks herself. "I think I know", I said. "Ok, you can speak with him and make things right, but tell he won't be getting his chocolate cake today as punishment" she tells me. I just chuckle and go to the restroom. I decide to take a shower since I'm all sweaty from playing basketball. I take a quick shower and brush my teeth. I went to my closet and picked to a black shirt that says "Girls can be sporty" and skinny jeans. I put on a pair of socks and brushed my hair. I fixed it into a nice ponytail and got my bag which has things that I normally bring: basketball, extra clothes, first aid kit, food, water, money, book, phone, journal, pencil case, sunblock, and a picture of me and Chase (and a key to Chase's and my tree house...yeah...it has a key). I walk outside and tell Elizabeth that I would be back. Hopefully Chase is there. I'm walking and then somebody grabs my bag "Hey!" I yell. He or she has a mask so I can't tell who he or she is. The person runs and I chase after him or her. (I'll just call the person bob if it's ok with you) "Hey that's mine!" I yell as we run. I am very good at chasing people since I play basketball so I catch up with bob. I grab bob and grab my bag. Bob runs away but trips on a rock. I walk over to bob and take of the mask. It was a girl. But when I look closely. I could recognise that face. I could recognise it clearly. It was as clear as water. "Clarissa?" She says, confused. "No no no. This can't be" I mumble to myself. It can't be her, it just can't be.
__________________________________________________________________________________
Hey guys, thanks for reading. Hopefully you liked it. I tried my best.
Vote, comment, give any tips.
THANKS U GUYS
HAVE A GOOD DAY OR NIGHT OR WATEVER
"Be yourself cause there is no point of having a life if your just gonna live someone else's."

Vivi😃😝😊😘👍✌️👏💕💕💕