The house

I open my eyes. Abbie is still snoring away. I look out the window. There it is. Our new house. It doesn't look normal. The windows are old and brittle. I bet if I was to touch them they would shatter into little shards of glass. The house is big. The grass was covering everything. It must have been abandoned for several decades. The roof looks old and mouldy. The house looks like it was a nice white colour but it seems to have been covered in dirt black. Not a very attractive colour... You can see the dirt marks and the handprints.... WAIT?! Handprints? Someone must of tried to paint the house with their bare hands... Mum and dad are chatting away saying how big the house is. The car stops. "Right girlies! We are here! Say hello to your new home," dad says over enthusiastically. Abbie yawns then slowly opens her eyes. Her beautiful blonde hair is all matted and has a load of cake in it. Abbie is my twin, however, we are NOT identical. She has beautiful blonde hair and blue eyes and a round figure, while I have brown long hair and green eyes and a slim figure. We have extremely different personalities too! I love gymnastics while Abbie loves cake! That probably explains about our shape. She looks nice with a round figure while I look stupid with my thin figure. "Where are we?" Abbie asks. "At the new house!" Mum says a little bit too loud. Lucky starts barking away so I get out the car and go and let her out of the boot. The ground is just mud.. My feet sink into the brown sloppy mud. lucky jumps out the car and pulls me towards the house. I reach to get her collar but just end up scooping up air. Lucky sprints forward and I tug her back. I stroke her glossy black and white coat. the other car pulls up and Abbie runs over to pick up Pearl and Snickers out cats, well snickers is a kitten. My brother Tom comes out of the car door carrying a huge suitcase. "Wow" Tom says. I tie lucky to a near by lamppost and go over to get custard and cream , which are our ferrets, out of the car. They smell the fresh air and start fidgeting in my arms. Dad gets the hamsters out of the car and we bring all the pets into the house. I open the door. The handle is cold and stiff. Inside there is a long hallway and some stairs. "Put them in the nearest rooms but keep the cats and dog in a separate room to the ferrets and hamsters," dad says. I place the ferrets in a big room with a wooden floor. I spot a piece of paper in the corner of the room. I pick it up. It has writing on.. It says 'away from basement stay' there is an ink stain in the corner. The paper must have been ripped up because that sentence doesn't make sense.. Unless it originally said 'stay away from basement stay far away' I push that thought away. The ferrets run around exploring every inch of the new room. I walk over to the door and slowly shut it. There is another note....