Goodnight

I pick up the note. It has more writing on, it says 'the key has been hidden for a reason' I just ignore it. I walk out into the fresh air again. The house is still as scary as it was a few minutes ago... I plod over to the car and pull out my suitcase. In the corner of my eye I spot a van coming. It must be the removal people. They come closer then come to a halt. The man looks up at the house. He stares for a while then opens the door. I just carry on taking my suitcase in. I take a deep breath and then slowly walk up the stairs. On the sides of the stairs there is sand. There's sand on the handle rail, sand on the steps and sand below the doors. The floor boards creek beneath me. I place the suitcase down. I take a step towards a room. I twist the door handle. It makes a high pitch squeaky noise. I look around. The room is big with a modern table by the window. I go over to the table. It hasn't got dust or sand on. It looks brand new. It has glossy white pain and it is flawless. It doesn't make sense. This house had been abandoned for like 20 years and there is a modern looking table in the room. The table has modern patterns on the side. I look under the table. 'IKEA swirly designer table' I reach into my pocket to get my phone. Surprisingly I have wifi... But there are no houses anywhere near here and this place definitely doesn't have any wifi boxes... I google the table and see that the date it came out was 2012, which is only 3 years ago.... I'm very confused. I look around. The room also has a bed. A very creepy bed. VERY CREEPY. I place my suitcase by the table and dust away the sand on the windowsill. I look through the window. In the garden there are beautiful roses and lime green grass. The grass is perfectly cut and isn't overgrown...but how is that possible when this house has been abandoned for years? Maybe it's fake grass, I think to myself. I decide to go explore the other rooms. I open another room, it is a room slightly smaller than mine. The room is a beige colour and has some roses in a vase. There is an outfit laid out on the bed. It is a velvet red dress that looks quite old fashioned but it's still clean and flawless. There is another dress on a hanger attached to the wall. There is something in the corner by the dress. I bend over to pick it up. It's a shilling. A shilling? This house may be older than my parents thought it was.... I place it on the windowsill. Then I notice more money and more sand. There is lots of old coins..... I walk away from the room and enter another one. This room is the same size as my one... In the corner there is an old bunk bedt . Then on the wall is that exact same lace dress.... There is also a plug socket..... In an extremely old house. Is that usual? "Sweetie have you found your room? Can you get ready for bed?" Mum shouts up. Seriously? I have to sleep here! I walk back over to my room and open the door. I slip off my jeans and put on my pjs. Suddenly I get the urge to pee. I walk out of my room. I open the door and it's the master bedroom. I open the last door expecting it to be the bathroom but it's just a plain box room. I walk down the stairs. I walk though the creepy rooms with creepy old sofas until I reach the backdoor I can n see through the glass there is a little door with the word 'lavatory' on it. I walk outside and open the door. I'm shocked to see a little wooden bench with a hole in it. I am not peeing in there. I walk out of the little cramped room and go behind it. I pull my pants down then squat and finally I pee into the flowers. I pull my pants up then walk back up stairs. I walk into my room to see there is a mirror on the table that wasn't there before. I shiver. I pull out a blanket out of my suitcase and try to get to sleep...