1

"Lyla! Let's go we need to get on the bus!" My older sister Cindy called out.

I walked down with my bags and waited at the bus stop for Cindy and Ziggy. They both walked over and stood next to me. "Do I actually have to go?" I asked, rolling my eyes. "Yes, you know mom can't take care of us this summer." Cindy said. Ziggy groaned.

Soon the bus pulled up and we got on. I recognized a lot of Shadysiders but a few Sunnyvalers, too. Shadyside was a small town, history filled with haunting and terrible things. Sunnyvale was a beautiful city, no bad past shining on it.

I fell asleep on the bus, not excited to be here. I did not want to go to camp. Ziggy didn't want to either. We both didn't like people and socializing. We're really only going because of Cindy, our perfect, smart, and amazing sister. She saved up all year to buy a white polo, wearing it confidently today.

Ziggy and I got along better than both of us with Cindy. We both liked trouble, Cindy was too goody-good for that.

I woke up and looked out the window and saw the camp sign go by. I sighed, not looking forward to this summer.

Soon, we were off the bus and we were headed to the office. We stood in line waiting our turn to get our cabin assignment. When we got told our cabins, I was told I was going to be with Ziggy. Cindy was with some of her other counselor friends.

"So not excited to be here." I complained out to Ziggy. She hummed in agreement. We didn't bother to unpack yet, just leaving to be out and listen to whatever speech was gonna go on.

"Hello guys, welcome to camp!" A counselor announced, who I recognized as Kurt, a Sunnyvaler. "For the next few hours we are letting you guys catch up with friends and explore the camp, then later tonight we will have a bonfire." Everyone cheered in excitement.

Cindy set off to do her "counselor duty", so I walked over to Ziggy. Ziggy and I didn't come to camp last year, only Cindy, so I was gonna ask her if she wanted to walk around and explore for a little bit. "No, I'm gonna go catch up with my friends for a bit, sorry. But when the bell rings for the fire, meet me at the cabin door." She mischievously smirked at me. "Alright." I smiled back.

I went to ask a counselor to give me a tour. "Hello, uh- Kurt, is it? Could you by chance give me a tour around here? It's my first year." I asked. "I'm busy right now, but I could get one of my friends to give you a tour, is that alright?" He suggested. I nodded in reply. "Hey! Goode, come here." He shouted. A boy with fluffy brown hair jogged over. He was honestly so hot. "Hey, do you mind giving this girl a tour around camp, it's her first year." Kurt asked the boy. He nodded, turning towards me with a smile. "Nope, I don't mind." He told him.

The boy and I walked away from Kurt. "So...What's your name?" I asked him. "I'm Nick. Nick Goode. You?" He looked over with a grin. "Delilah." I smiled.

"And there are the outhouses." He pointed over to a little room. I nodded at him.

"Thank you for this tour." I smiled. He looked into my eyes. "And thank you for letting me give you a tour." He answered. I just chuckled at him. "I'll see you later at the fire, Delilah." I loved the way my name rolled off his tongue. "See you later, Goode." I called as he walked off.

The bell rung and I ran to the cabin door to meet Ziggy.

649 words

A/N- Hello! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter. I cannot wait to dive into the story. Also I'm so bad about updating so sorry about that. But anyways, I love you all, have womderful day!
-bella