Commodities Betwixt Us

"WHAT?TADANO, WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL ME?!" I bellowed.

"U-um..." he spoke, obscure.

"It's all right. You can stay with me at our house..."

"Really?" he inquired.

I approved."Thank you!" he said. Passing him a tissue from the tissue box on my table, I passed it to him, caressing his shoulder. Laying his bag on the bottom bunk of my bed, also known as his new sleeping place. Squatting on the rug, Tadano immediately hugged me. 

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" I stated.

"Nothing," he said.

"REALLY?!"

"Yeah, really,"

"I admire you..."

I was dumbstruck. Confounded, I asked him, "What do you mea-" when I felt burnt out as I fainted in his arms out of lassitude...

I slept like a log. The part about me dreaming was a sign of me being ready to drop. When I next open my eyes, I saw Tadano looking at me suspiciously. Upon realizing what I had just done, my body stiffened as  I screamed my head off.  I was stunned and speechless. I buried my face in my hands. He was holding a book in his hands but it was upside down. He put on a straight face but he was shaking like a leaf. I could see the flustered feelings in both of our eyes.

"W-what d-di-d-did I j-ju-jus-just d-d-do?" I asked him. 

"I-I DON'T KNOW!" he replied. I forgave him for that. After all, we were both flustered, unable to control our feelings. 

7 p.m. Time passed by so quickly after a bit of calm-down-chit-chat.

"THE TWOSOME OF A LIFETIME, COME DOWN FOR DINNER!" my mom said. I could hear her chuckling teasingly.

"Tadano-Kun? Let's go down for the closing meal of the day," I said.

Following me, we left our room, along the hallway of visions on the wall, to the kitchen. My mother, Haruki, was chortling teasingly. As expected. Of a jest.

"What's the dealio? Dinner's up! Tonkutsu ramen with Tempura Moriawase!" she said. Settling down to the helpful feast. It looked like something Gordon Ramsey or a famous Chinese chef would make for money. The ramen noodles looked like ramen, Chashu looking like Chashu. It all looked the way it was supposed to.

"Itadakimasu *means eat up!*  Tabemono wo arigatou !" I said, putting both of my hands together as if to pray. I picked up the delicate wooden chopsticks, so did Tadano. I pulled up a fair bit of ramen; so did he. We were like twins, always doing the same thing; at the same time. Putting the ramen in my mouth, I felt a sudden burst of flavour. The soft; springy; 'yellow' ramen burst in my mouth. I could pay $100000000 with a 1000% GST for this.  Such a commendable-cooked; a thoroughly-flavoured bowl of love. I began eating at the speed of 15 slurps/three minutes. Then, the Tempura Moriawase. Time to taste it. Clouds of steam could faintly be seen in the air all around me. Choosing a piece of fresh-fried tempura, I observed its crust, eating it. Crispy, jaundiced-looking, crisp-fried crust surrounded the succulent shrimp in it, adding some needed crunch to it.

When we finished the meal, we said, "Oishi,", clearing the crockery and heading back to our shared room. 

"Tadano, let's sleep," I said.

Heeding my command, he headed to the toilet to brush his teeth; so did I. Back in our room, he removed his shirt and told me not to look at him. I did not want to see his parts. I also changed.

10 minutes later, we were settled in bed, snuggling under the covers of the blanket.

12 a.m, midnight.

I looked down, Tadano was asleep. 

A secret was in store for Tadano.