XVII

"Kiyomi come downstairs," Kentrell ordered me, making me zoom downstairs.

"We are moving fast. We clear for now, so we have a new destination. Next is Cali," he explained to me.

"Huh? But that's in plain sight basically. We gonna get caught," I said to him.

"Nah, shit died down now. They got a new story to focus on." He threw me a newspaper.

'Wanted Fugitives 'Kentrell Gaulden' and 'Kiyomi Adams', reportedly found dead in Caddo Lake. Witness say that they found 2 floating bodies in the lake, and the DNA came out to be matching to the couple. More on this later' the header read.

"Wow," I mumbled. "Impressive."

"Yeah, so now there's a new victim in the asylum and they claiming he crazier than me, but I doubt that," he laughed to himself.

"So what now?" I asked him.

"We leaving in 5," he says.

We landed on the helipad. I shook Jackie awoke and walked to a sleeping Kiyomi and gently tapped her arm.

"Wake up, baby. We hea," I whispered to her.

"Took long enough," she groaned and got up.

We exited the plane as our Uber drove up.

"Kiyomi. Kiyomi. Kiyomi," I mumbled in her ear. "A big surprise is waiting for usssss."

"Oh? What kind of surprise?" She asked unamused.

"Mane what? Turn that pretty ass frown upside down, imma make you happy tonight," I said while pecking her cheek.

She grunted in response. "Does it involves diamonds?"

"It includes you, so you could say that," I replied back. A gentle smile grew on her lips.

After a 30 minute drive, we arrived at an abandoned building. I had to force Ki out of course, but she eventually came out.

"What are we here for?" She asked me.

"Shhhh," I bit her ear gently. "You'll see."

3rd person

"What did you drag me here for?" She laughed as he continued pulling her.

"Look down." Kiyomi looked down as her mouth fell agape.

Below her boiled big tubs of highly acidic liquids. The greenish yellowish mixture bubbled.

"What's this?" She asked her boyfriend.

"Would you die for me?" Kentrell cut her off.

"Yeah, of course I would," she replied, slightly annoyed that he still doesn't trust her.

"No, that's too easy. Would you live for me?" He dragged his long finger across her bottom lip.

"Yes," she coughed up.

"That's nice to hear, Kiyomi lovely. Very nice." He pulled her chin to face the toxic liquid just below them.

"You see that?" He asked her. She nodded. "That is the solution."

"Solution to what?" She asked him.

"Solution to bind us together," he said. "This is what we need. Are you willing to do whatever it takes to complete that bond?"

"Yes. I promise," she smiled.

"Strip."

Kiyomi slowly undressed from the tightly fitting dress that hugged her curves. Kentrell watched hungrily as she did so.

"Good," he mumbled after she finished. "Promise me one thing, Kiyomi?"

"Anything, I mean yeah," she stared into his hazel eyes.

"Promise me," he trailed. "Promise me you love me."

"I love-" before Kiyomi finished her heartbreaking phrase, she was met with the scorching liquid clawing off her skin.

Kentrell watched mercilessly as she kicked for salvation.

He cracked a smile as watched her eventually stop kicking.

He walked away without a second thought about her. Not even a tear was shed from his eyes.

Out walked a cold-hearted Kentrell.

Out came a vengeful Kiyomi.