⇢ ˗ˏˋ 01 ࿐ྂ

i'm bORRRED
okay lets go
any brand names you don't recognize are just made up ones!
yes ik he went to an all boys school- pls ignore that ;-;
i forgot to say
·˚· ͟͟͞͞꒰➳ indicates a time skip! or pov change (hopefully you guys get it!!)

may 2021

"as always, thank you for joining today's stream. i love you guys, tatertotz out!" you waved to the camera before ending the stream. somehow you had more viewer than expected that day. smiling to yourself, you picked up yaeko and set her on your lap. she purred as you lightly scratched her head while checking your socials. magically your account was getting another jump in followers. you had become one of japan's most famous gamers after blowing up in the among us phase.

turning your camera on to take a story, you picked up yaeko with your other arm and posed.

"hey guys! i'm gonna be doing a random q&a instagram live tomorrow, so give me your best questions!" you smiled wide and took your finger off the record button. after finishing your story you picked yaeko up again. "can you believe we're almost at 6 million?" yaeko just meowed in response. "couldn't have done it without you couldn't i?"

ever since graduating you moved to your own studio in the middle of tokyo. social media brought a highly sustainable amount of money for you, makeup and tech brands reaching out.

"oh god, look at all the emails we got." ever since the pandemic happened, public outings were limited and you didn't speak to your friends much. the only person you had constantly talked with from your school was ayaka, who became a professional pianist. you traced your custom cursor down the page when you saw an email that made your eyes open wide.

(can skip this horribly composed email if you want!)

to: tatertotz@gmail.com
from: tokyo2020@gmail.com
subject: we want you!

hello tatertotz,

we hope you're doing well.
as you may know, the olympics are coming out, and we want you to film a commercial with us. the commercial will be about covid-19 protocols and we decided that you would fit the spot.
please get back to us!

best regards,

the tokyo team

yaeko jumped out of the screaming girl's lap.

·˚· ͟͟͞͞꒰➳

"wah, she's so cute!" takahashi walked into some his teammates huddling around a phone. it was weird how they were still in the locker room, considering it was almost an hour after the match. he didn't take what is friends said to mind and started packing up his things silently. they seemed to be more interested in whatever was going on than the match they just won.

no way in hell they would be watching po- no, no they wouldn't. takahashi cut his thought off, realizing it would be better to just leave it. "guys the bus is waiti-" the volleyball players whipped their heads to look at him.

"when the hell did you get here?" sekita asked him. "and how do you know her?"

takahashi just looked at them in confusion.

"tatertotz! the girl who plays games!"

realizing who they were talking about, his mouth opened into a shape of an o. "you mean l/n?" they nodded. smacking his head, takahashi thought about his answer carefully, and came out with a "we're just friends." his face twisted at his own words before changing his answer. "ah- i mean we went to the same high school and i tutored her for math." the faces of his friends were a little confused. "we haven't talked in a while, i should ask her how she's doing." he put his hand up to his chin. "but that's not the point right now! the bus is leaving in-" he took out his phone to check the time. "-2 minutes! we have to go!" he quickly threw his bag strap over his shoulder and walked out of the locker room.

"he definitely liked her back then." ishikawa pointed out, semi giggling.

"guys come on!" they heard takahashi yell.

·˚· ͟͟͞͞꒰➳

he sat on his bed looking at your instagram account. takahashi didn't interact with you for so long and felt guilty. dammit, i didn't even congratulate her. he was glad at your success, hoping his words from over a year ago still kept her going. clicking on your story he saw the q&a sticker and thought to himself, what the heck should i say... after going over and deleting his questions multiple times he decided on a simple 'hey, you still remember me? :)' and squinted his eyes in nervousness when he submitted it.

"ah crap." he flopped back down on the mattress shutting his phone off. closing his eyes and letting himself sink into the hotel bed. he groaned in frustration as he twisted and turned. he heard the door open and looked up to see nishida, who he was rooming with.

"just making sure you weren't- yeah." he smiled and closed the door, before quickly opening it again. "oh- and dinner is at... uh- 6! yea 6." he laughed at himself before returning to his room.

how the hell am i supposed to talk to her when i did that? he slapped his forehead hard, later realizing he was a volleyball player. damn that hurts. he turned to a comfortable position and drifted off for a nap.

·˚· ͟͟͞͞꒰➳

"now what's that supposed to mean, of course i remember you." you said out loud, scrolling through your questions. "just that you never seemed to check on me at all!" yelling at your phone. you sighed and clicked out of the app, finding your contacts. you weren't mad at him, trying to convince yourself at he was just busy with volleyball the whole time.

"hey, what's up?"

"ayaka, you'll never guess what happened."

-

ive rewritten this a jillion times and i still don't like it but i shouldn't be making you guys wait so i apologize if it was uneventful!
yes ayaka is named after kamisato ayaka :)

have yall seen that ankha video 😀