did you kill him?

The police detective folded his arms and leaned backward on his chair, trying to give off this powerful persona to try to scare the traumatized teenager on the other side of the interrogation room. The poor student's hands were shaking in fear and his cheeks flushed. Whether it's from exhaustion, alcohol, or embarrassment.

"So, Wonwoo, that's your name, right? Jeon Wonwoo?" the detective read the file in front of him and made intense eye contact with Wonwoo.

It would make sense to be suspicious of him. For starters, blood had soaked his previously white shirt making patches of it appear red.

Hesitantly, he raised his hand to brush the hair mixed with crusting blood out of his face and settled his hands bunched up and lightly tugging on his hair, stress imminent on his face. Hesitantly, he cleared his throat before he used his voice, hoarse because the last time he did use it was to mourn over his friend's body.

"Yes that's right," Wonwoo faced the detective and looked at his name tag that said 'Minhyung' in block letters.

It was clear that he was at least 30, his face was young, younger than most people with jobs like him. For the third time since he initially stepped into that daunting room Detective Minhyung, gave the file another scan and folded it, and put it in the corner of the desk he and Wonwoo shared.

The clock on the wall behind him went tick, tick, tick constantly. If Wonwoo wasn't anxious enough, that would have done it.

"Alright first question, did you kill him?"

"Of course I did not kill him! Even if I did would I do it in a house full of 12 other people? That's stupid as hell someone was bound to find his body!" the Detective raised an eyebrow at his outburst and attempted to fully understand what Jeonghan was saying.

Yoon Jeonghan studied law at one of the best colleges in the country. What should be said and done in these kinds of situations was something that should come naturally to him. This kind of behavior was strange.

"So what you're saying is that you'd kill him if you could?" as soon as these words left his mouth Jeonghan quickly defended himself.

"Oh God no! We were all friends! I just mean that if I was to kill someone I wasn't going to do it in a house with 12 other people."

The detective took note of the use of the word 'were'. And raised another eyebrow in the young adult's direction.

"So you guys were friends?"

"Yeah I'd like to say we were friends," Seungkwan was in a state similar to Wonwoo's. In the same way, his face was red and flushed and his cheeks, more specifically, were damp with dried-up tears. But unlike the former, Seungkwan had seemed to be much more composed.

This made Wonwoo even more suspicious. Why was he so distressed compared to everyone else? What kind of relationship did the two of them have?

"I see you keep using past tense, why is that? Are you all not friends anymore?" In addition to the death of a friend, Detective Minhyung kept on pressing like a disease that kept on infecting these poor young men. 

"No, we are friends, well most of us at least." Seungkwan gave Minhyung a smile that was supposed to be innocent and convincing but the detective read between the lines of Seungkwan's perfect portrait he was trying to paint.

"Why aren't you all friends then?" This interrogation was beginning to draw out too long. Everyone, including Minhyung, was exhausted and delirious and no one was ready to answer the questions.

Seokmin swept his hair back with one hand to see if the air conditioning on his forehead would wake him up.

"A few days ago Wonwoo and um, Mingyu got into a fight, that was Mingyus fault cause he was acting like a bitch, and I guess their mutual hatred for each other kind of affected ur dynamics," Seokmin, bless his soul, spoke the truth and nothing but the truth and also may have landed Wonwoo a Jail cell.

He seemed to have noticed this and his dreary eyes widened in surprise when the Detective let out a hum of agreement when he was done with his monologue. He began waving his hands frantically between the two of them to deny whatever he said.

"No um, I mean, um, Wonwoo is a nice guy, I spent all night with him, he could not have killed him, I swear on that." Seokmin's demeanor was no longer what it was earlier. Previously he was tired and mostly kind of drunk but he came to his senses to defend poor Wonwoo who wasn't even there to defend himself.

"So do you think any of the twelve of you are capable of murder?" A new question for a new suspect.

"To be frank Minhyung, can I call you Minhyung?" he received a negative response though he continues." To be frank, anyone can be a murderer. Come on Minhyung don't tell me you've never felt the urge to stab the kid with the way-to-loud music sitting next to you on the subway."