Chapter One

“Bye dad, bye papá!” I shouted throughout the house as I clambered down the stairs. A collection of groans were heard next and I knew they heard me. I looked behind me after opening the door, “Tell Ana Maria I said bye, too!”

“Okay, Julian. Now leave, please.” My dad yelled, sounding dead tired. I grinned and shut the door. I got into my old car, throwing my bag onto the passenger seat then hooked up my phone to the charger and stereo.

I searched through my music before stopping on an all time favorite. Guitars filled my car and I smiled with satisfaction, pulling out the driveway onto the road.

“If I flew into a mountain, burned myself to nothing; that would be something. Would it be enough?” I whispered along to the song, patting the steering wheel in time. “A pistol to my temple, pull the trigger like it’s nothing. That would be something, but it’s never enough!”

My new school came into view soon after the song ended, making me frown. I hated moving around and going to new schools. I never got to make many friends, and I never liked having to leave them behind. Eventually, I gave up trying and just said “fuck it”. I don’t need friends to survive school.

As I pulled into the parking lot and started making my way to the only spot in sight at the edge, a black beetle with its paint chipping off cuts me off, stealing my spot. “Hey, what the fuck?” I exclaimed, then honked my horn at them. A girl in the back seat peeks her head out the window, sticking her tongue out at me. Her askew blonde hair was in two pigtails, her lips and blue eyes rimmed in black.

Fucking really, bitch? I scoff in annoyance and begin to drive off when the driver steps out, making my eyes almost fall out their sockets. I see the most beautiful woman in the world.

Her dark brown hair was cut short and choppy, not touching her shoulders. Striking grey eyes search out my car, and small pierced lips turn into a smirk. She grabs her bag and shuts her door as the girl from before and a boy identical to her exit the car as well.

She was wearing crust punk jeans that hugged her full hips and thighs, a rip on the knee showing a tattoo. There were also tattoos adorning her arms, some black and white, some bright with vibrant colors and patterns. Her boots were tattered and worn at the toe, and she had multiple facial piercings. Two on the side of her lips, a hoop in her nose, and many piercings racing up her ears. A tank top and black jean vest with numerous patches completed the look.

The girl practically sauntered over to me, knocking on my window with her smirk neverending. Her two friends leaned against each other on the car, sneering at the scene. Hastily, I rolled my window down.

“Hey there, new kid.” Oh, fuck. Her voice was husky and low, almost on the seductive side. “I’m real sorry about being a dick driver, but you have to understand: that’s my spot, and has been for the past three years.” She clicks her tongue and pushes on her lip with it where her piercings are.

“I’m sorry to say you’re going to have to find a new spot.” Her voice dropped lower, losing the seductiveness of it and bordering on pure malice. To say I was scared shitless would be an understatement. I nodded quickly, probably looking like a complete idiot.

If the two behind her laughing hysterically have anything to say about it, I’d say yes.

“As long as you abide by that rule, we’ll be fine, okay new boy?” Again, I nodded, my eyes wide. She grinned. “I’m Tessa Reynolds. Why don’t you go find yourself a parking spot, then find me later?” Tessa winked and leaned into my car to kiss me on the cheek.

        My cheeks burned. By the time I blinked, she was already walking away with the boy and girl, looking bored. I blinked a few more times before I rolled my window up and began my journey for a new parking space.