Chilling at home on a school night with your comfort character

I sat down on my bed and sighed. It had been such a long day, a long week actually. So many things have gone wrong, I'm just so happy that tomorrow's Friday. Oh hey there he is. He walked in the door and set down his backpack. I smiled at him as he walked over and flopped onto my bed face-planting, his head just a foot away from my lap now face-down in the blankets. We've both had a long week. I reached out and starting gently scratching the back/top of his head. 

"I'm so glad tomorrow's Friday," he said, his voice muffled by the bed. 

"Oh trust me, me too! Only problem is the weekend isn't even a break anymore, it's just more time for homework," I complained. This was definitely the hardest school year yet. 

He started to get up from face planting and moved so that he was now sitting closer to me. "I guess I shouldn't feel this bad, I haven't had nearly as hard a week as you."

"Nah, all feelings are valid. This week sucked for a lot of people honestly," I said now shifting over so that my head was in his lap. He smiled down at me and moved my hair off my face gently with his fingers. That caused a small smile to form on my face too. "I'm so tired."

"Then go to sleep," he chuckled. 

"But...." I sighed realizing he had a good point. "I wanna stay up and talk to you."

"Ok only for a little, then I will shove you in those blankets and tuck you in so tight you can't move so you'll fall asleep right away," he playfully threatened. 

I scoffed. "What if I have to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night?" 

"Well.. just... don't. Simple," he said as if it were so obvious and easy, jokingly. 

I rolled my eyes and then my eyelids just started closing by themselves. "Aw look you're so tired you can hardly keep you eyes open."

"Then I'll just talk to you with my eyes closed," I stated. He sighed since I missed the whole point then smiled again. "I wonder if I'll be asked to homecoming soon. I really hope so, but no one seems to want to ask me. I don't why," I said disappointed. 

"The only reason you wouldn't be asked is if the guy's just too nervous because you're so amazing," he said. 

"Psh. Well thanks, but still doesn't help exactly."

"Well I do know that if I were real I would be thinking about you every day in class and couldn't wait to ask you to homecoming. I mean yeah I would be nervous but you're worth it," he said. I almost starting blushing. 

"Aww, I wish you were real. You know how happy that'd make me if you asked me? Actually I would most likely have a crush on you if you were my classmate."

"Most likely huh?" he smirked while looking down at me. I shrugged and blushed. 

"Yeah I don't know. You might seem a little too.... I don't know. You could be a player," I teased. 

"Excuse me? A player? Really?" He said offended and surprised. "Well for as little as you talk in class, you could be a psychopath!" 

My jaw dropped. "Hey! I was just kidding! Ouch, no need to get so personal. Real people are just scary!" I defended myself and started to sit up. He grabbed me before I could get up all the way though. 

"Hey just because we're insulting each other doesn't mean you can leave, get back on my lap," he said hugging me so that my shoulders were against his chest and my back was on his lap, not exactly the most comfortable position, but I laughed. 

"Um, sir, you are holding me captive! Yelp!" 

He burst out laughing. "Did you just say yelp instead of help?" 

"Possibly!" I laughed too. "But hang on, just let me..." I squirmed enough to get in a different position. I sat now on the bed facing him so that my back was to the edge of the bed and my legs were around his hips. I sat  between his legs with my face just a foot away from his. I looked into his eyes and he looked into mine. Were we now having a staring contest? I honestly don't know. Either way his eyes are soooo pretty. They are even prettier when they're looking right back at mine and into my soul giving me butterflies. 

"You're cute," he said straight to my face. I was about to start blushing again, "But a player, huh?" and then he shoved me away from him. I squealed as I started to fall back towards the edge of the bed. Before any harm could come my way though, he grabbed me again stopping me from leaning back too far and I started laughing so hard. He pulled me back closer to him so that his arms wrapped around my waist closer to his body. He was smiling and shaking his head. 

"Darling I can't with you. You're too mean. And funny. And smart. And beautiful." He looked into my eyes again. I looked into his eyes then down at his lips and wanted to kiss him so bad. I started leaning in closer to him deciding to go for it. He looked at my lips too and gave me butterflies as he looked at me in the most flirtatious, seducing way. Right when I was about to close my eyes though, he suddenly put his hand over my mouth. "Ew! That's icky," he said in a little kids voice. We both burst out laughing as he totally just ruined the moment. 

"Wow okay!" I said feeling betrayed but also laughing. 

"I'm just kidding," he laughed and looked at me again. I couldn't help but smile. "I love you."

"I love you too." 

And then he kissed me.