The Opening Act

Have you ever experienced working at a circus? To act and play as an entertainer on stage? As someone who was supposed to make people laugh? And do you think, that if an accident were to happen in this place, would people cry? Or would they laugh?

This is a story about a particular circus. And how the curtains close on a play where everybody would laugh, and no one would cry over the accident where the clown failed an act and lost his life.

And as well as the story about a boy who was laughed at and hated. So he played alongside the pierrot, and entertained the world. 

It all started in elementary school.

"Here."

E/C eyes looked up even in its blurry state. Tears that only prickled the end of his eyes finally trickled down as his eyes met blue ones. Dull, but oh so sharp. As if it hid behind intelligence that the H/C-haired boy lacked, and looked for. And it pierced him, it pierced him and his feeble heart.

The boy took a USB that was handed to him by the other. Their hands slightly touching, both were painfully cold, and yet the burning sensation he felt everywhere from the tears, and perhaps that heart of his, replaced that.

A few seconds of him looking at the item. Before he cleared his throat and looked back up at the other who didn't leave at all. Even though this was the first time they interacted with each other, the H/C-haired boy started to get a little flustered as he realized that he was being an ugly, crying, sobbing mess in front of the person who helped him.

"Where did you find it..?"

Such a hoarse voice. As if he cried the whole time. Even though he only just now shedding tears.

The other boy left a few seconds pass by in silence. Was he thinking? No one could tell. Not like anybody else was inside the classroom. Just two boys that were considered outcasts.

"No. I didn't find it."

The one sitting on his school chair with his H/C colored locks looked confused, tilting his head in a way where those strands of hair flowed with it. What could the other one mean?

"They're not the same one. But the files in there could be even better than whatever was in yours."

The boy with glasses felt his mouth twitch upwards at the way the other boy's face contorted to shock. It was an interesting expression to observe. Since it was a mix of a thousand emotions, all pouring out at once. Amazement, confusion, happiness, guilt. It was like reading a really entertaining book. So easy to read, and not even complex at all.

Especially when his face looked so flushed red from crying. He looked absolutely pitiful and weak. The black-haired boy couldn't understand why he helped him anymore. To show off his brains? Why? He never fitted in before. He never talked to anyone before. But there was something about the boy who he saw, trying to swallow back his tears in just to show that he's not weak, and that boys shouldn't cry. He found him dumb.

Without speaking any further. The H/C-haired boy grabbed the laptop he owned and plugged the USB that the glasses boy gave him.

He quickly opened the files with the use of the touchpad. And the black-haired male was actually quite intrigued by how the other boy worked with technology. Since first of all. They were at a time where gadgets like laptops and phones were rarely used, and really expensive. He was just merely fascinated.

"This is impressive!"

The boy blinked and shifted his focus back to the other who looked as if he won the lottery with those innocent E/C eyes gawking at the laptop.