Chapter 1: New Arrivals

Percy's POV

Annabeth walked next to me through a corridor, into the Greek section of the museum, and I saw a small kid with his back turned to me, around 14, with curly, blonde hair, steampunk goggles around his neck, and a pirate sword, talking with a girl that was the same height of the boy, she had brown eyes, long, curly black hair, and a roman sword at her side.

The girl noticed me and her eyes got wide and she pointed at me and Annabeth. The boy turned and he had deep, blue eyes, he raised his sword at me, and that's when I noticed that they thought we were enemies. I called out to them saying "We're friendly! We mean no harm, just lower your weapons and we'll talk. Ok?" The boy started to lower his sword, then raised at me again. He called out; "Who are you? Monsters? Because I've had enough of those!" Then the girl put a hand on her shoulder and started to reason with him, then she called out "Come on! Let's hear what you have to say!"

I walked over and started talking with them, first I just asked the basic question "So, what are your names?" The boy didn't look thrilled to be talking so close, he grumbled something I couldn't hear. The girl shook her head and told me "I'm Caitlyn, and that," she nodded at the boy "Is Zachary." I nodded and said "I'm Percy, and my friend over there is Annabeth." Zachary snapped his head up, his eyes full of fear he just simply said "Monsters." Then the windows shattered and hellhounds bounded in. Zachary ran in front of Caitlyn, and Percy could tell either they were in a relationship, or he had a crush on her.

One hellhound pounced at me, and I slashed downward, then to the right.

The hellhound dodged both of my strikes, then I lunged at it, nailing it in the chest, making it dissolve into dust. I heard a yelp of pain and surprise, I turned my head to see Caitlyn getting launched into a display case. Zachary yelled in defiance, then flung his sword at the hellhound that was stalking toward Caitlyn, making it dissolve as well. Then the hellhound Zachary was occupied with lunged at him, biting him around the stomach, and bounding down a corridor with him, I yelled at Annabeth "You got Caitlyn?" she nodded and I ran towards the entrance to the corridor.

Annabeth's POV

Right before Percy ran into the corridor, he stopped and said "Something about that boy..." He just shook his head and ran off. I turned to Caitlyn, who was bleeding badly from the glass cutting her. I gave her some nectar, she ate it and asked "Was that nectar?" I was surprise but I just said "Yea, how'd you know?" she answered "Me and Zach took a greek mythology class right before we ran off..." I nodded my head and said "We should help Percy, then get to camp."

Percy's POV

I shot a jet of water at the hellhound, making it slam into a wall, giving me just enough time to slam it with my sword. I grabbed some nectar and fed it to Zach, then picked him up and started walking towards the way I came, and found Annabeth and Caitlyn walking towards the door, I met up with them, and had to assure Caitlyn that Zachary was fine, and that we needed to get to camp. When Annabeth finally reasoned with her to trust us, we made our way to Camp Half-Blood.

When we finally made it to the camp, Zach was up and kicking, and he seemed a lot more hyper active, I look quizzically at Caitlyn, and she mouthed the words Severely ADHD. I nodded and continued on. We did the usually routine, we introduced the new campers to Chiron, Annabeth showed Caitlyn around and I showed Zach around. Then it was time for dinner. Zach and Caitlyn sat together, from my table I could see Zach look over and stare at Caitlyn from time to time. I could tell he had a serious crush on her. I turned back to my food and started muching down on my food. I saw a bright greenish blue light and I turned my head and my jaw almost fell to the floor. A blazing trident symbol was glowing above Zach. He looked up and freaked out, falling on the floor, trying to crawl away from the symbol. Then Chiron started congratulating Zach about being claimed, a lightning bolt symbol blazed above Caitlyn and Zach stared at the symbol in disbelief.

Zach came over and slumped down next to me. muttered "Why, why, why, why, just why?" I finally got up the nerve to ask "What are you complaining about" I could tell he didn't even think about it, "How am I supposed to ask a girl out when our dad's are mortal enemies!?" When he realized what he said, he covered his mouth and I laughed, and said "Why don't you go ask her out?" He responded saying "I'm gonna make a fool outta myself!" I decided to play around saying "Come on, you can do it!" I started to chant "Do it!" Zach finally said "Alright, alright!" He stood up and walked over to the Zeus table.

Annabeth's POV

I watched as Zach abruptly stood up and nervously walked over to the Zeus table, I look at Percy, who had that mischievous smile across his face, I got up and walked over to him, sat next to him and rested my head on his shoulder. Then I realized what Percy did I just said "Percy, you didn't do what I think you did, did you?" Percy smiled down at me and said "Oh, I did." I looked back at Zach asking Caitlyn out. When Zach finally asked the question, Caitlyn nodded, and Zach looked stunned, then overjoyed. He hugged Caitlyn, grabbed her hand, said something to her, and dragged her over to the Poseidon table.

We all sat together chatting, and I studied Zach and Caitlyn, they seemed to be like my relationship with Percy, we've been through so much as friends, that our relationship seemed like it had been going for a couple years. They were hand in hand and seemed comfortable with each other.

Percy's POV

I was walking back to my cabin with Zach and Caitlyn, the were walking, holding each others hands, when it was time for them to part ways, Caitlyn hugged Zach, and she left for the Zeus cabin. When Zach was all set, he walked over to me, and punched me. I rubbed my arm and asked"What was that for?" He looked ticked off, but he answered me, "That, was for annoying me enough to ask Caitlyn out." Then, he pulled out a silver pen, that had a golden arrow engraved onto in, he handed it to me and explained "That was my grandfathers, he gave it to me when he died... I want you to have it, to show my thanks for annoying me into asking Caitlyn out." I just smiled and slipped the pen into my left pocket, and went to sleep.