Hey 「Skie」

I snatched my phone from the table, unlocking it hesitantly and opening my contacts. Scrolling through the seemingly endless list, I was finally met with her number as I tapped on the "Mom" contact name.

"Go on." Kari cheered, eyeing the screen. "Call her."

I gulped, pulling the phone up to my ear as the tone rang in my conscience. Kari was showing a thumbs-up, which I assumed was some-sort of good luck charm, although it didn't enlighten me in any way. Alex was just glancing between my face, the phone, and Kari's stupid expression before I was distracted by the sound of the line connecting.

"H-hello?" I stuttered as I tightened my grip on the device. "Mom?"

"Who's this?" She replied, the sound of the television blaring on her side.

"Uhh...your daughter..?" I sighed, a bit irritated by her rudeness.

"Oh, hey Honey! How's life with the sexy pimp?"

"Who?"

"That girl's father. He called me a while ago and said he took you guys in and straightened you out. I knew you could get better!"

"...Y-yeah." I muttered, a bit confused. It seemed that he had covered up for us, so I assumed I should go along with it. "He's been really nice to us here. Did he pay for everything that he owed you for taking care of her or anything?"

"You have no idea." She beamed audibly. "He left this huge check for me. It'll probably be able to last us for years!"

"How much?"

"Do you really want to know?"

"Uhh...yeah?"

"Uhh..." She started, mocking my tone. "Just one million."

"Holy shi-"

~

[A/N]: oh boy we have a rich kid Kari revealed hue hue.

Sorry for any mistakes!