Part One | Leaving.

"Dad!" She walks backwards, waving her hand out behind her back in hopes of grabbing your suitcase

"Dad!" She walks backwards, waving her hand out behind her back in hopes of grabbing your suitcase. "I actually have to go now." She shook your head as she turned around to face the front door.

"I know, I know. But your all grown up, my little girl." He smiled down as he squeezed her cheek. "Go, Go! Before I start crying." He opened the door for her.

"You all ready are dad." She laughs through her own tears. She forced him to bend down to give him a kiss on the cheek. A good-bye for now kiss.

"I'm not, it's just dusty...that's all." He sniffed back his obvious tears, making her laugh through her sniffs of sadness.

She heard the taxi her dad had ordered for her pull into their driveway, signalling that is was her time to leave. She wiped away her tears, made made look presentable and stepped over the threshold. Dragging her suitcase behind her.

<>

The taxi rounded the curb outside of the airport. She stepped out and helped the taxi driver lift her heavy suitcase from the boot. She thanked him before she speed walked through the doors.

The entrance was over crowded as usual, but she still made her way through the thick crowd. Pushing her way through crowds of people to wait in line.

Once she gets to the counter, she hands over her passport and waits for the woman to finish typing on her computer before she smiles up at her, "have a nice flight." Sliding over her ticket.

She makes her way to one of the small cafés that sits watching the airplanes that taxi around the runways. As the boarded planes went past the window, she flicked through one of the magazines that sat on the table in front of her.

<>

"Gate nine is boarding in 30 minutes. Have a great flight."

She gathered her things, thanking the nice elderly ladies that talked to her for the hour she was sitting there. She was almost at the weighing counter when she ran straight into the back of a tall figure, that was running in the same direction as her, spilling his thermal flask of tea over his chest.

"Oh my god. I'm so sorry," she rummaged around in her bag, pulling out a small packet of tissues, "here," she handed them over to him.

He patted down his chest with the tissues as they both got their bags weighed and sent off to the plane.

"New York?" He finally spoke, running up behind her as she walked towards her gate.

"Yeah I'm going to a university there." She smiled at the sound of his voice, his strong English ascent tickling her eardrums.

"So am I." He smirked downwards, "I'm a professor." He quickly added.

She nodded along with his ramblings as she sat next to him. Every so often, he would run his fingers through his shoulder length, jet-black hair. He stood at around 6ft tall, he wore a (now completely see-through) green shirt and black suit trousers, matching his almost blinding polished black shoes.

<>

Half an hour later, an announcement came over the speakers.

"Gate nine is now boarding, have a great flight!"

She grabbed her hand luggage after she dug around inside of it; in search of her passport. He walked off without her to stand in line.

Once she grabbed ahold of that small red book, she rushed into the line. The two people looking over passports and tickets gave her a smile as they let her through to the boarding bridge.

She had to wait in another line to get into the plane. The air hostess at the cabin door smiled a 'welcome' to her as she stepped into the big metal bird.

<>

During the flight, she felt a familiar presence walk past her. She looked up to see him. The poor guy she ran into. He beamed down at her as he walked back from the restroom.

The flight lasted for the usual time it did from England to America, around 7 hours and 50 minutes. She was asleep for the majority of it, only waking up when to air hostess offered her stale, un-salted peanuts.

At around the 5 hour mark, she was fully awake and watching 'The nightmare before Christmas' on the in-built mini tv on the back of the chair in front of her, saying each line in her head, having watched it so many times with her dad at home. Her dad, she started to tear up at the thought of her dad. She had never been without him. He is her best friend. Sniffing back her tears, she looked around to see if anyone had seen her crying. Luckily, nobody was giving her any funny looks so she turned her attention back to her film.

Her favourite song was coming up, 'oogie boogie's song', every time she heard it she always had to to the 'waAoOh' in time with the little bats on screen. Thankfully she resisted the urge to do so on this day. She did give a little smile when the line, 'And you ain't going nowhere' that being her favourite line of the song and all.

<>

"Dear passengers, we are coming into New York sky's. Please fasten your seatbelts and prepare for landing."