Chapter 3 (Krystal)

I awoke with light taps on my shoulder and hearing the familiar sweet voice of the flight attendant. "Ms., Ms. It's time to go now. I can't believe that you slept though all of those turbulences and the landing," she said. Rubbing my eyes I realized where I was and I looked around the plane to see that it was nearly empty. I quickly grabbed my things and bowed to the nice flight attendant. I asked her what her name was. "My name is Kim Hyuna." I will make sure to remember that name. Hyuna...
When I entered the airport, it was like a whole other would. Everyone was in a hurry, on their devices and looked so well dressed like they were going to some important meeting, unlike LAX where people would sometimes dress in their PJs. Oh man!, which reminds me, I need to call my dad before I leave. I grabbed my cellphone from my purse and started calling him. While calling him, I decided to go and get my suitcase from the conveyor belt. The only problem was that I had no idea where it was. I started walking around to look for it when my dad answer the phone, "Yeobboseyo?," he said with a little anticipation. "Yeobboseyo appa. I made it here all in one piece," I replied to him. "Oh Krystal my daughter that's great news! Hold up sweet heart I'm gonna get your umma and you unnie so they can talk to you," he said. Right after he said that, I found the conveyor belt from a distance and I spotted my suitcase on it. I trotted over towards it, making sure I didn't bump into anyone. I waited beside the conveyer belt it until my suitcase made its way to me. I reached to grab it, but then someone else's hand grabbed mine.
I immediately let go of the suitcase while the other person took it and put it on the floor between us. I turned towards the stranger and did a formal bow. "Miahneyo," I said. "Hey it's ok, you don't have to apologize," he said with a chuckle. "but if that's the case, I'm the one who should be apologizing for touching your hand." He said while I straitened up while he bowed. Then he straitened up and extended his hand out towards me. "Hi I'm Kim Jongin but you can call me Kai," he said. I reached out and shook his hand. "Hi I'm Krystal Jung and sadly I don't have a nickname." He smiled when I said that. Gosh I had to admit that his smile was pretty cute, and he himself was incredibly good-looking. He had black silky but fluffy hair, menacing-looking chocolate brown eyes, and his skin was a bit tan but that just made him ten times hotter. He was pretty lean but muscular and he was probably a half-foot taller than me. "Um, is this your bag?," he asked me after I was mesmerized by how hot he was. "Well I thought it was mine," I said back. He checked the name tag of the suitcase. "Well Ms. Jung, it just so happens that you're right," he said and handed it over to me. "Thanks Mr. Kim," I said back. Suddenly I remembered that I was still one the phone with my dad. " Uh, Kai was it?, could you excuse me for just a moment?," I said to him. I really didn't want our conversation to end yet all because of this call. "Yeah sure no problem," he said. I turned around and brought my cellphone to my ear. "KRYSTAL!!!," I heard from the other side of the line. It was most likely my mom. "Umma, mianhe, but I have to go. I'm kind of busy with something. I'll call you guys back once I get to my dorm. Ok bye," I quickly hung up before she could protest. I turned back around to face Kai. "Dorm?," he said with a questionable face. "Yeah, I'm actually Korean-American and I came here as an exchange student. I'm going to attended The Seoul Academy of Arts and entertainment," I answered him. "Seriously? That's where I attend too," he said a bit eagerly. "Oh really, that's awesome," I said excitedly too. All of a sudden a buzz came from out of no where. I guess it came from him because he took out and checked his phone. "Um I should probably get going. I came here with my friend to pick up my aunt. He texted me that they're in the car waiting for me. I just ran here to pick up her suitcase," he said. "Oh okay, sorry for causing any trouble," I said. "No, you were no trouble at all. In fact you just made my day. I've never met someone so beautiful in my life," Kai said with such a tender voice. I couldn't help blush. "So I guess I'll be seeing you in school?," he asked trying to cover up the awkwardness. "Yeah, I'll see you then," I said and like that we both went our separate ways.
Kai went to go find his aunt's suitcase, and I walked towards the airports exit. Subconsciously we both turned back to each other to wave one last goodbye. Studying Kai again, I realized that he looked a lot like someone I knew before. Either I couldn't remember who it was or my mind just didn't want to remember.