22

After Lando and i had told instagram and twitter about us, we had a few days of calm before we had to go back to work as it wasn't a race week.

When we did go back, however, we were both called into the office. John was the one who called me, but he apologized to me as i walked in. It was the big boss. John's boss.

He let Lando and i sit down, John after us, before he took a deep breath. "I'm sure you've both enjoyed the last few days, and i'm sorry to burst your bubble, but we don't allow relationships between our reporters and anyone else related to Sky.

No one said anything, and there was a long pause, me and Lando looking between each other, John and Andrew, the big boss, before he spoke again. "I know this probably comes as a shock, and i'm sorry to put it on you like this, but we cannot have reporters in public relationships."

There was another pause, but i broke silence this time, "so i'm allowed to openly talk about my sex life and tell the world that i could've been pregnant with his kid but i'm not allowed to tell them i'm his girlfriend?"

"Your contract specifically states no relationships, i know this-"

"This is bullshit, is what it is, Sir," i frowned, "and what happens when we don't break up?"

He sighed, not appreciating my interrupting, "i'm afraid we have no choice but to let you go."

"You can't fire her just because we're together," Lando jumped in.

"I've had this exact discussion already with John and i'm afraid that's the only way."

"So either we break up but everyone knows we're fucking anyway, or i lose my job?"

"It's a stupid policy, it's outdated and makes no sense," John said to no one in particular, he was sat with his arms crossed, clearly pissed off.

"Yeah, it's not like we're hurting anyone," Lando frowned.

"I'm sorry," he repeated, "i'm afraid there's nothing i can do. You have til monday."

"What, to break up?!"

"Not happening," i stood up, "i'm not breaking up with him just to act the exact same as we have been."

I started to walk out and Lando followed, letting me slam the door behind us both.

"What the fuck are we gonna do?" he asked me.

"I'll fucking show you what i'm gonna do," i muttered, walking off down the corridor.

By chance, Lando was my first interview that day, and he gave me a look just as we started filming, letting me know he was still confused. I introduced him as normal and then once the interview started properly, i turned from him to the camera, which was shooting live.

"So as a lot of you know, Lando and i made it official a few days ago, we've had immense support from everyone and i wanna thank everyone for that," i smiled into the camera, "friends, family, fans, collegues, my boss John, but unfortunately my boss' boss just happens to be an asshole."

Lando cocked a brow up and whispered to me, "what are you doing?"

"He threatened to fire me if we didn't break up,"  i ignored Lando's questioning and continued into the camera, "and i'm not going to break up for him, so this is my verbal notice that i'll be be quitting at the earliest opportunity."

"Yn, what are you doing?" Lando looked shocked, "you can't quit!"

"Too late," i nodded at him, "shall we start the interview?"

"No, you shall not," John's voice sounded, and i saw him and Luke walking over, "Luke is taking over, you're coming with me."

I tried to ask why, but got no answer, i was only told to follow him til we got to the office. He stopped outside the door and turned to me, "i want you to know that none of this is anything to do with me. You and Lando are amazing together and i wish you both nothing but the best. Andrew is following an outdated policy and doesn't understand the bullshit behind it."

---

Later on, i caught up with Lando again and he asked about my talk with the big boss. It hadn't been too bad, i told him what had been said, "basically that he doesn't want me to leave but can't change his policy especially after me calling him an ass."

"That wasn't smart of you, like," he frowned.

I shrugged, "it's not fair that we can't be together while i work for him, so i don't want to work for him."

"I get that," he sighed, pulling me into a hug, "i just don't want you to do something you'll end up regretting."

"I won't regret it," i shook my head, "as long as we can be together freely."

He nodded and kissed my cheek, "as long as you'll be okay."

"Of course i will."

----------

an update? omg she's alive