CHAPTER 1

A/N: I wrote this with my BFF

DAISY POV

Hospital what a dreaded word. I hate it! I mean a care center that smells like laundry detergent gross! But that's where I grew up. Some of you might wonder why it's because of my stupid rare blood disorder. My parents are very overprotective. Every day they assume is my last. but that's ok I'm not scared to die. Anyway back to the story.

I have only been out of the hospital once, and let me tell you it was beautiful. I was diagnosed when I was four and two years later my mom died. So my dad is very protective and I have spent all of my days in my room or as I call it prison. Room 201. So my life is very boring until 11:33. When rocks were thrown at my window. That is when it all began for me and I began to live.

I was fast asleep when I heard the first crash. Why me? This had been the first night in what felt like forever that I had been able to sleep without my nightmares. My eyes snapped open and I glanced at the window. Lying on my floor was a rock with a note attached. "Want to end the nightmares?" The words echoed in my head as I tried to process. Is this actually possible? The questions piled up as my hope rose and I prayed that they could help.

I looked out the window to see a boy staring back grinning. He had a blue and gray eye." Come down" he shouted. I hesitated but raced to the stairs taking them two at a time ignoring the alarm going off. How did he know about the nightmares? I wondered as I almost tripped down the stairs. I never told anyone not even my dad.

Opening the door the night air rushed me like a tsunami rushing the coast. My breath caught as I stepped into the soft grass. Cushioning my feet I stepped further into the grass toward the boy. "Well come on we don't have forever." Rain pelted me as I stood in front of the boy silence the only thing between us. Running off I called for him to wait.

I had never run before it was deemed too dangerous but as I started to speed up I felt the thrill as the wind rushed past me. Running so fast I failed to realize that the boy stopped as I ran into him. He spun around grabbing me to keep our balance. I looked into his eyes our lips just inches apart. We both paused as silence fell between us. Before he gently pushed me away. Tripping because I am oh so graceful I fell. But before my butt hit the ground he grabbed my wrist. His powerful grip encircled my wrist as he pulled me back up.

"Hurry little miss coordinated!"

Running through the trees my breath caught as the trees opened revealing the camp in front of me. The orange tents looked dreary and used under the midnight sun as the soft rain fell through the many holes. "Where are we?" I asked, my voice barely above a whisper.