Chapter 5: Everything's Not What They Seem

I hid behind the corners of the school, following Jungkook as he went with his other group of friends. I listened in as they were speaking.

"Come on, please, just tell me what I got to do to join this group," Jungkook said.

"Okay, one last thing you have to do," I heard one of the friends say.

"Okay, anything," I said.

I noticed the other friends whisper something in Jungkook's ear. 

"Ooh, this is interesting," I heard Vox say.

"Shut up. Jungkook is just hanging out with other friends," I replied. "And besides, if it's just a ritual to join the group, I'm sure Jungkook will do it."

"Okay, suit yourself," Vox chuckled. 

I looked up as Jungkook then walked away, and his other friends left the area. 

"Better watch out," Vox said.

"You better stop talking in my thoughts," I said.

After that, I walked away. School flew by pretty fast, and I walked back home.

"Jimin, you're back," my mom said.

"Mom, aren't you supposed to be at work," I asked.

"I was able to get the day off, and so was your father," my mom replied.

"Wait, really?"

"Yeah, said he got you something. He wants you to see it," my mom said.

"Let me guess, he's going to get me tickets to a concert I want to see," I said.

"Maybe, *sigh* I just remember when your father was getting so mad when I was spoiling you as a baby, and now he's the one spoiling you with his new job. Now I'm getting jealous," my mom pouted.

"Mom, stop it. I still love you," I said.

"I love you too, baby," she said. 

"Hey, where is dad anyway," I asked.

"He went to go to the store to get something. It must be the surprise," my mom said.

TIME SKIP TO THE AFTERNOON

"Hello," I heard someone enter from the garage door.

"Dad," I called out.

"Hey, Jimin," he said. "Look what just came in my work today."

He then pulled out a box, packaged heavily. Could it be?

"No way is it~

"Go ahead, open it," my dad said.

Ripping through the box, I finally got to the product.

"YES!!"

The drone had finally come.