Today's lesson: Cooking

AN: This was from a prompt night with Phi_JiJi, it had something to do with a supernatural being doing a mundane task, hehe. It spiralled and now it's a series. this used to be in my ONF oneshot collection, but yeah, it isn't a oneshot so I moved it :]

Thank you for reading!!

--------------------------------------------------

"Okay, I got everything," Hyojin called after checking his shopping bag once more.

Changyoon wandered into the kitchen. "And did you acquire it all legally?"

"If you mean to ask that I paid for it all. Then yes, probably."

"Probably?"

"I don't know," Hyojin shrugged, "I used your card, as if I know that that has the right amount on it."

Changyoon giggled. "Alright, then at least you did that well," he teasingly praised the other.

It had been a few months since Hyojin came to his house. Changyoon lived close to a temple so he had heard many folklore about creatures called 'fox spirits'. But of course, like most 21st century teens, he never believed them. And as a late twenties adult, he still didn't believe them. But when one was hiding in his closet during a storm, he was forced to change his assumptions. Hyojin had been thrown out of the temple he belonged to, and Changyoon quickly guessed why.

While Hyojin seemed like a serious and calm type; friendly eyes and a stiff posture. He was a continuous prankster, and on top of that, really clumsy. Changyoon nearly had put him on the street himself, but when Hyojin got wind of that plan, he begged to stay and promised to change his behaviour. While the other didn't believe him, he got the benefit of the doubt and tasked Hyojin with learning how to do his share of the chores. Changyoon was amazed by the other's abilities to make washing machines spill over, get shirts stuck in hoovers and break things Changyoon forgot he possessed. But even with all the failures, Hyojin persisted on wanting to learn.

And today's lesson: Cooking.

Changyoon had nearly made his way through all his nail beds before the other returned home. They had gone shopping together before, but this was the first time Hyojin went out alone. And given that he was previously really adamant about just stealing most of the food, Changyoon was incredibly nervous and kind of expected the police to show up.

But, it was just Hyojin and a large shopping bag.

"Okay, yeah, everything seems to be here," Changyoon nodded when he laid all ingredients out on the table.

Changyoon turned on the deep fryer to heat it up. He really felt like fried chicken wasn't the best dish for a beginner, but Hyojin was steadfast. Changyoon went over the steps to cook their dish one more time and Hyojin's two white tails and pretty fox ears popped out as his concentration partially went to the explanation. After washing their hands, Hyojin sat at the table Changyoon was standing next to.

"So, what do we do first?" Changyoon asked.

"Cut the chicken," Hyojin repeated the step.

Changyoon nodded and turned to the drawer to get a knife out while Hyojin ripped the box of chicken breast open.

"Okay, now careful," Changyoon emphasized while handing the blade over.

"Yes, yes. I'm decently proficient with weaponry."

"Please, don't see this as a weapon."

"Then what is this? It stabs right?" Hyojin questioned and stuck the knife right through the piece of chicken he had put on his chopping board. He lifted it back up and it took the chicken with it. "Oh, look! Snack!"