CHAPTER 1: Maxwell and Melody.

The sun rose, and with it, an alarm ringed, awakening a gentle boy, who loved fantasy.

Max rised from his bed, his sleepy eyes opening, his red irises adapting to the sunlight.

He rubbed his white hair gently, and grabbed some clothes from his drawer, together with his round glasses.

He got into the bathroom, and took off his pajamas, turning on the warm shower.

He bathed, ready for another day enduring bullies, and staying with his only friend.

He put on his white shirt, his black city shorts, and his red jacket with hood.

He ate pancakes for breakfast, courtesy of his mother.

"Well, i have to go.
Have a good day mother!" Max said, hugging his mom.

"Have a good day too Max." She answered, retributing the hug.

He grabbed his red backpack, and walked out to the streets, ready for school.

But, before that, he had to get someone very important to him....

_________________________________________

Melody woke up in a hurry, a piece of toast in her mouth while she shoved books in her backpack.

Her sister, Harmony, turned off her alarm, making her wake up late.

She quickly closed the backpack, and grabbed a white dress from her gigantic closet.

She got out from her bedroom quickly, clothing over her shoulder.

She swallowed the rest of the toast in minutes, and quickly brushed her teeth.

Taking clothes off carefully was not a choice, as she threw her pajamas on the dirty clothes pile.

The bathtub filled up quickly, and she laid into it.

Washing her black, long hair, she really hoped Max wasn't at school already without waiting for her.

After she was done with her bath, she put on a white hairband, together with her white dress.

As she went to her bedroom to grab her backpack, the Mansion's doorbell ringed.

"Uh, Melody?
Are you ready?" Max asked through the door.

"I'm getting there!" Melody said, grabbing her backpack, and quickly running downstairs.

She opened the door, and gave Max a hug.

"Heya Max, hope i didn't make you wait too long." Melody said, letting go of him.

"Oh, no, i just got here some minutes ago, and even if you did take long, i would wait any length of time for my best friend!" Max replied.
"But, i must ask, you normally are waiting for me outside your house, what happened?"

"Harmony happened.
That little zit turned off my alarm!" Melody replied, making a pout.

Max slightly chuckled at Melody calling her sister a zit.

"Well, shall we go?" Max asked.

"Sure!" Melody replied.

It was a mostly silent walk, Max and Melody trading glances, the sun bright in the sky.

The two best friends, that knew each other since childhood, had developed a crush on each other over time, with it already lasting two years.

They had no idea the other party reciprocated the feelings, so, they mostly stayed silent about it.