Chapter 1

Zephyra is a mighty warrior who leads a noble army to fight for the honor of the Gods and their lands.  After a year of conquest she finally returns home.  Zephyra walks toward her home with a violet in hand for her beloved wife, Evangeline.  But as Zephyra enters her home, she finds Evangeline holding a newborn child.  Evangeline sobs while holding the child tightly, "I'm sorry Zeph. I'm so sorry."   Zeph embraces her wife, comforting her. 

       Once Evangeline is mostly calm Zeph asks but one question, "it was him, wasn't it?" Evangeline stiffens and looks up at her wife, expecting anger but only finding love and concern in her comforting eyes.  After receiving no response Zeph asks again, "Eva, was it him?  Was it Zeus?"  With new tears in her eyes Eva nods.  She braces herself for verbal or physical blows as Zeph would surely be furious now.  Zeph looked at her frightened wife and knew this response wasn't her fault; though she'd never lay a hand or harsh word on her wife, but Eva was raised this way.  Zeph gently rubs her wife's back to help soothe her.  She smiles at Eva and the newborn child.  "There's nothing to fear, my love.  It doesn't matter who fathered this child," she says tucking the violet into her wife's hair and caressing the infant's small head. "What matters is we are their parents and we will raise them with nothing but love."  Zeph smiles at Eva with all the warmth and love she has in her heart and soul.  

      Eva finally calmed, and smiled back. "Now," says Zeph, "what shall we name our beautiful child?"   Eva pauses and gazes upon the sleeping infant.  After a moment she speaks.  "What about Galen?"  At the sound of this name the baby stirs in their mother's arms and smiles, still sleeping.  Zeph, so filled with awe and love for her wife and new child says, "I think it's perfect."  Scooping the child out of Eva's arms, Zeph holds the child to her chest and softly says, "Welcome to the world, Galen."  She gives her wife and child each a kiss on the forehead with a smile and holds them close as the sun begins to set.  

     In the setting sun Zeph made two vows to herself the Gods: she would love Eva and Galen for all eternity, and she would personally kill Zeus for the pain and suffering he put them through.  But for tonight, Zeph was content to just hold them close; her quest can wait.  Right now she just wants to spend time with and love the family she never dreamed she'd have.  Vengeance can wait, but her family cannot.  

A/N: Hi! I'm Kona and this is my first original story.  Please feel free to let me know what you think of the story.  Expect inconsistent updates as I am a full-time college student.  

(If you notice any issues, dependencies, or errors, let me know so I can correct them.)  

Thanks for reading The Quest to End Zeus.