xxxvi

-', (chapter thirty six) ꒱ ↷🦋🥛

THE SANTA BARBARA PIER HELD A FAIR nearly every year around the same time. When the weather was perfect, not too hot, not too cool. They had Farris Wheels, carnival games, anything you could imagine.

Every year, Eden and Jungkook went together, along with Jimin and Taehyung. You could expect pretty much the entire town to be there every year. It was always a delight for all the attendants.

"Oh my god, we should get more of that deep-fried Oreos they had last time. Those were so good." Jimin tapped on Eden's shoulder from the back seat. She had asked Jungkook if they could give Eden and Taehyung a ride with them down to the pier. He reluctantly agreed, not liking the idea of giving a ride to the guy she used to have a crush on. But alas, here they were.

"Definitely." Eden placed her hand over his, looking out into the distance where she could already see the fair lights. It was best to go later in the day, as the sun was setting so you could get up in the Farris Wheel and watch. And then the way the lights glow in the night is exceptional.

Jungkook pouted softly. "I thought this was date night?" He whined childishly, being placed under the impression that it would just be the two of them, not a group thing.

Eden smiled and pinched his cheek sweetly. "It is. We can get deep-fried Oreos and then separate, okay?" He looked into the back seat at the two brothers. "Is that okay with you guys?"

Jimin nods enthusiastically with a smile while Taehyung just holds up his thumb. When Eden turns back around, Taehyung holds out his hand to his older brother who still has yet to give him his twenty. Jimin rolled his eyes and reaches into his bag to grab his wallet.

Jimin was fine with spending the night with his brother, his best friend. Though it would be a lot more fun with the whole lot of them, he wanted to give Eden and Jungkook the chance to do couple things. Just because he was single didn't mean he got to rain on their parade.

They parked a little down the street from the fair and walked the rest of the way there, knowing that there would be no parking spaces available for them.

The fair was already bustling with life, full of music and laughter, families and couples enjoying their time together. Colorful lights illuminate the whole place as they walk through. Eden and Jungkook hold hands like always while Jimin loops his arms in with Taehyung.

After getting their deep-fried Oreos, they go their separate ways as decided. Eden and Jungkook run off hand in hand, wanting to get into the giant Farris Wheel before the sun when down completely, to have the best view over the city and the sea before it went completely dark.

Eden wrapped her arms around Jungkook with her head on his shoulder as they wait in line. He smelled warm and sweet as always, like pure comfort. Jungkook was always a comforting person. The other day when he confirmed her by showing off his horrid socks. He had even bought her a pair so they could wear them together.