ACT 0

(Opening scene: Two identical men are sitting across from one another in an office. They both have red bar tattoos under their left eyes; One is typing on a holoscreen, and the other is watching him with an angry expression. The lighting in the room makes it so that the second man's eyes are not visible.)

Declan: We've got a shipment of sixty kilos coming in today. Samson says this stuff is prime; the highest grade he's ever seen from Crystal city.

(Declan types something on a screen and looks toward Duke, who is picking at his hand in a disinterested manner.)

Duke: How much are the clients willing to pay?

(Declan scans the screen again.)

Declan: I'd say we should at least get two hundred per gram, considering the quality of the stuff.

Duke: What about the other.. special shipments?

(Declan pauses, typing something.)

Declan: They're delayed. Not sure by what. They've been stopped at the north end harbour for five hours.

(Duke slams a fist on the table and leans close to Declan.)

Duke: Fix it. We've got millions of chits on the line to get those people to their buyers. You don't want the Dragoons to take our business, do you Declan? After what happened last time?

(Duke raises his head into the light, revealing that he has a blue eyeball tattoo in his left eye.)

Declan: No, Duke.

(Duke smiles and pats Declan on the back.)

Duke: Good.

(Duke lights a cigarette and blows smoke that obscures the camera. He has knuckle tattoos that are visible as he does so; it reads CZAR in red letters. Cue smoke-shaped title card 'RED DRAKES'.)

(Scene: A young, white-haired girl with a mohawk wearing a backpack is running through an alleyway. She has a blue bar tattoo under her right eye.)

Radio Voice: ETA?

Piper: Six minutes.

Radio Voice: I've got a stack of chits waiting for you when you get back. Make it five minutes and I'll throw in a little extra; you know how good those upper class pay.

(Piper laughs and turns into a busy street, dodging crowds of people.)

Piper: That extra better be worth it. The middle rings are busy today.

Radio Voice: I trust you can handle it. Get er' done Piper; those rich bastards want their coke.

Piper: You got it boss.

(Piper climbs up a fire escape, and looks over Bosch towards the upper rings. Camera pans out to show the whole city. Title card 'GUN DRAGOONS' is seen made out of blue building lights. Dramatic cut w/ music to next scene.)